chrismgtis

TANDEM Complete - Video and Photos! + Question(ear pain)

I completed my Tandem skydive at Skydive Carolina in Chester, SC this morning. I loved it so much that I scheduled another jump for next Saturday. I do also plan to do my AAF one day soon in the future.

Video and photos available here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5247409162548633928

http://www.flickr.com/photos/93247914@N00/

Question: I was swallowing a lot during the ascent to 14,500 ft and equalizing the pressure in my ears. After jumping my left ear started to hurt really bad and when swallowing during freefall and under canopy I would feel/hear a sound sort of like pressure coming out of a baloon with a lot of air in it. I was a little scared about that. My ear still hurts a tiny bit but now I'm ok. It eased off a lot about 4000 ft.

How can I stop that in the future?

Edited by slotperfect to make the links clicky B|
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Question: I was swallowing a lot during the ascent to 14,500 ft and equalizing the pressure in my ears. After jumping my left ear started to hurt really bad and when swallowing during freefall and under canopy I would feel/hear a sound sort of like pressure coming out of a baloon with a lot of air in it. I was a little scared about that. My ear still hurts a tiny bit but now I'm ok. It eased off a lot about 4000 ft.

Please, check your ears with a physician. There is a possibility that you could have some sort of ear obstruction that may be dangerous to your hearing in an environment of pressure changes. It would be better if you do it before you jump again.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Please, check your ears with a physician. There is a possibility that you could have some sort of ear obstruction that may be dangerous to your hearing in an environment of pressure changes. It would be better if you do it before you jump again.

Thanks for pointing that out. Anything to do with your health please ask a doctor, if yours doesn't understand aviation, please find one that does. This is NOT the place to ask for medical advice.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Anything to do with your health please ask a doctor, if yours doesn't understand aviation, please find one that does. This is NOT the place to ask for medical advice.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A doctor who is into scuba diving might also be able to help, but the bottom line is that you have a serious medical problem that will deafen you if you continue jumping.
"Get thyself to a physician!"