piisfish

best horseshoe/premie video

Xcellent , excellent find dude!! :)
Def copyi'n that one.

Did you catch the "pull" hand signal that went ignored by the reserve side JM?

I don't think he was using Brian G's methoud of how to pack your pilot chute, but God took care of his EP's for him!

C

thanks for that!

Now all I need for my collection is a utube GoPro aka French Revolution helmet snag???? any takers?????

And by the look of things it was an uneventful, albeit early normal deployment thereafter!! Didn't even look like he ended up with any twists!!

:)

But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

in what way would you think the method of packing a pc has contributed to the mal in question? from the small timelapse sequence at the end you can see, that the guy exited with the d-bag already outside of the container - and I think that would be due to a loop either to long or broken
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Thanks Bartek,...

Kaspar:
It looks like there was / is, a lot of stuff behind the seat in the aircraft. To me it seems this is a case of poor movement control and lack of a pre-exit check. It appears the main was out well before they even got ready and no one noticed. You can clearly see the main flaps open as he starts to stand up well before his rig hits the door. This could have been a disaster. I'm not sure why you jump to the conclusion about the main closing loop being this or that when it is so easy to snag the pin and cover by all of that sideways turning and such....

C

Not only is this a great example of a horseshoe that resolved itself by following the proper EP's,...most would agree that dumpin your pc is the first step, followed by the cutaway,... if necessary, but the lack of a final gear check and the hesitation when faced with the pull signal is a classic reminder that shit can happen anywhere and to anyone!

The students expression is classic :)
But the main side JM actions indicate total unawareness till he was able to fully assess his situation. This is typically what happens when you eat humble pie. He will be a better and more aware skydiver because of this, but learning by luck is not the preferred method....

C

Classic examples of how being totally focused on one thing and you can miss sooo much.....

A genital reminder is that both a long loop or a broken loop are poor pre-flight issues and can be prevented. Considering the excellent condition of his gear he didn't look the type to forgo this aspect of gear issues. [:/]
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

ChrisD

Thanks Bartek,...

Kaspar:
It looks like there was / is, a lot of stuff behind the seat in the aircraft. To me it seems this is a case of poor movement control and lack of a pre-exit check. It appears the main was out well before they even got ready and no one noticed. You can clearly see the main flaps open as he starts to stand up well before his rig hits the door. This could have been a disaster. I'm not sure why you jump to the conclusion about the main closing loop being this or that when it is so easy to snag the pin and cover by all of that sideways turning and such....

C

Not only is this a great example of a horseshoe that resolved itself by following the proper EP's,...most would agree that dumpin your pc is the first step, followed by the cutaway,... if necessary, but the lack of a final gear check and the hesitation when faced with the pull signal is a classic reminder that shit can happen anywhere and to anyone!

The students expression is classic :)
But the main side JM actions indicate total unawareness till he was able to fully assess his situation. This is typically what happens when you eat humble pie. He will be a better and more aware skydiver because of this, but learning by luck is not the preferred method....

C

Classic examples of how being totally focused on one thing and you can miss sooo much.....

A genital reminder is that both a long loop or a broken loop are poor pre-flight issues and can be prevented. Considering the excellent condition of his gear he didn't look the type to forgo this aspect of gear issues. [:/]

Fortunately he wasn't naked or it truly would have been a genital reminder.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Kaspar:
It looks like there was / is, a lot of stuff behind the seat in the aircraft. To me it seems this is a case of poor movement control and lack of a pre-exit check. It appears the main was out well before they even got ready and no one noticed. You can clearly see the main flaps open as he starts to stand up well before his rig hits the door. This could have been a disaster.

no doubt about that

I'm not sure why you jump to the conclusion about the main closing loop being this or that when it is so easy to snag the pin and cover by all of that sideways turning and such....

from what I see the instructors rig is a new design (not sure what brand) and I assume it has good bridle/pin protection. moving around in the plane shouldn't be to much of a problem. my understanding - after watching the vid some more times - is, that either the closing loop broke or was to loose. and then it doesn't matter what kind of packing method you use for your pilot chute.

maybe we have to agree that we disagree.
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

A gross mistake from the instructor for not having checked his main closing loop tension. A pilot chute can generate a pull over 100 lbs at terminal speed then do not hesitate to keep the loop tight. OTOH this is the student who communicates with hands to the instructor that something goes wrong. At least this instructor is better to buy a case of beer !
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.