davidpanal

stolen log book, what can I do

Just curious if the requests to see/inspect your logbook when you go to new dz's is a Canadian "thing" (Canada per your profile)...I know here in the good old USA dz's will request your licence card and repack card but I have never had any place actually request to "see" by log book. Just curious..

Some dropzones do logbooks. I've had logbooks stolen, and yup, just starting a new one, and going back as far as you reasonably can is the best thing you can do. Get it signed off by people for whatever you can recreate.

That, combined with your membership card and license (USPA has the date when you became a member on it -- does yours also?) should do it. Worked for me.

Sucked, though.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

.I know here in the good old USA dz's will request your licence card and repack card but I have never had any place actually request to "see" by log book.

At least at Skydive Oregon manifest does request and checks your logbook. It was the only place though, but I only jumped on 6 DZs.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

Just curious if the requests to see/inspect your logbook when you go to new dz's is a Canadian "thing" (Canada per your profile)...I know here in the good old USA dz's will request your licence card and repack card but I have never had any place actually request to "see" by log book. Just curious..

After a year layoff from the sport I got myself back in the air this past weekend at Caddo Mills, TX. The DZ never asked for my license. All they wanted to see was my logbook. Of course they are not a USPA group member and do not require USPA membership, therefore, they rely on the logbook rather than the license.

If yyou have your D (or C) licence, and start logging from now, I'm nure most DZs will accept that your log books were stolen.

PS: did you just have the 1 logbook? I mean, I have only 1400 jumps, and I've been logging single day per page for probably the last few years, but I still have 3 log books or so...
Remster

a word of advice and a suggestion from me...

i make a photocopy of my logbook once every 2-3 weeks...

i have a complete mirror of all my jumps stapled together just in case of me losing it or it getting stolen..

everyone should do this...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Reward for Return...............

these words should be posted prominantly in more than one place in each of your logbooks...
If they are Lost or stolen, they really are of no use to anyone else...
if lost, and then found,,,the finder who returns it is entitled to some sort of reward.
If they are stolen.... the lure of a reward, could draw the thief to you, and maybe help to recover other things which were taken...
either way... it can't hurt...
It might also be a good idea, to only keep your most recent logbook with your gear / in your gear bag..
those logbooks which are full ,, and which represent your past history, are safer if kept in a secure place at your home...
just my $.02.........
jmy

Buy a new logbook and start the first entry at jump 2001.

I like the jumptrack software just because I have another record of jump numbers and freefall time.

Each book used to hold only a few hundred jumps, but now I'm logging 20 or 30 jumps per page as one liners. (someone asked about why only one book)

I've never been asked for my logbook. Only my reserve card and my USPA membership card.

D560? if you have any kind of licensing body in your country, this should suffice to reference some kind of level of jumping qualifications.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The good news is that CSPA has "D560" on its records, so you are not starting from scratch.

And if you hold a lap type rigger examiner, then you have been rigging since before dirt was invented, so guys like Dave DeWolf and Bill Booth must be calling you weekly for advice.

With that much credibility, you should have no problem getting on any load at any DZ.