linestretch

Eloy doesn't have team rooms?

Anyone know about this? My team wants a team room for Nationals and they are being told that they aren't bringing in any. WTF? I thought Eloy was the top dog DZ! Perris sure did take care of that.....2 years in a row. Are there any other teams having issues as well? Speak up!
my pics & stuff!

And some people want skydiving to go mainstream. Thing sure have changed in the last 10 year.:S

MY GOD, SPARKY THIS COULD CHANGE THE ENTIRE OUTCOME OF THE NATIONALS !!!!!!.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Is that a real motel or a skyride motel...ya know like advertising a motel that doesn't really exist? If it is a real motel with the name skyride in it...they should soooo change the name.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Is that a real motel or a skyride motel...ya know like advertising a motel that doesn't really exist? If it is a real motel with the name skyride in it...they should soooo change the name.

It's a real, brand new motel all right. Its on the DZ, right as you turn right,into the DZ entrance. You'd have to sleep in the landing area to get any closer.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

ha ha ha
That is really funny!!!!!!

The motel's website says they exist and they don't take pets. So no use to me.

I still find camping out of the back of my truck to be the best accommodations at Eloy.
Desert camping is really great. You get to see the sun rise and straggler coyotes running off to their den.
I'm partial to the desert. I really like it, much more than the midwest where I grew up.
The only thing I don't like about it, are the communal showers. How hard would it be to put put some privacy curtains in the showers?

Hey Betsy, how early will the Bent Prop open for breakfast during Nats?
I usually have to do a Micky D's run when I'm there to get food around/before 7 am.
That's something I'd rather not do.
During the 300-way there was some caterer that handled that.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

And some people want skydiving to go mainstream. Thing sure have changed in the last 10 year.:S

MY GOD, SPARKY THIS COULD CHANGE THE ENTIRE OUTCOME OF THE NATIONALS !!!!!!.

You old farts:)
I expect in the near future all the teams will be arriving at the nationals in private jets like their supposed to.

R.I.P.

ENTIRE OUTCOME OF THE NATIONALS !!!!!!.

You old farts:)
hey Rip there aint anything like taking a big dump in a hot plastc porta-potty sitting out in direct sunlight....so button the yapper. ;o)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

How hard would it be to put put some privacy curtains in the showers?

ummm Jan...the women's has had them for 2 seasons now:P

I believe the BP plans to be open at 7:00 but I will have to check on that.
The Skyriderinn is NOT owned nor operated by Skydive Arizona. I think the name is well...no comment. :oBwahhhhhhhh

How hard would it be to put put some privacy curtains in the showers?

ummm Jan...the women's has had them for 2 seasons now:P

Musta been added after May 05. Cuz I know they weren't there then.
But there were really cool thunderstorms.

I believe the BP plans to be open at 7:00 but I will have to check on that.
The Skyriderinn is NOT owned nor operated by Skydive Arizona. I think the name is well...no comment. :oBwahhhhhhhh

Do they have those buildings that were built several years ago, but left unfinished because the in-town motels objected?

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Hi Bozo

hey Rip there aint anything like taking a big dump in a hot plastc porta-potty sitting out in direct sunlight....so button the yapper. ;o)

Damn you've been spoiled[:/] plastic porta potty :o That shit cost $$$ and could be a landing hazard.:P

How about taking a early/late walk in the desert for a little exercise with a copy of a plane or the gun & ammo newspaper.B|

Check out for snakes before you take a breakB|

R.I.P.

Do they have those buildings that were built several years ago, but left unfinished because the in-town motels objected

Those would be the ones;)
As ot the shower curtains, yes it was the 05 before the season started...so it's been 2 seasons.
Everyone can thank SunnyOne for those...it was her idea in the first place:)

Now we have to bring the thermals whe nwe do team training!

Before you put the curtains up it was so much easier to be a dirty old man.

Damn did I say that out load and type it?:$:o

Oh well it wasn't a state secret.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think he may be talking about rooms where the teams can keep their gear and get away from the crowd between loads, not hotel rooms. Perris brought in portable trailers for this purpose. They were secure, so we could keep our gear there overnight rather than hauling it to the car at the end of each day.

My bigger concern is that there is only one banquet, on Saturday night. 4-way is scheduled for Sun. & Mon., and I'd suspect that most people won't want to hang around for 5 extra nights to attend the banquet. That's a pretty large hotel expense!

I think he may be talking about rooms where the teams can keep their gear and get away from the crowd between loads, not hotel rooms. Perris brought in portable trailers for this purpose. They were secure, so we could keep our gear there overnight rather than hauling it to the car at the end of each day.

Not too mention, a place where we can critique video. So you're telling me the city won't let you bring in temp trailers? Then how did Perris get away with it?

And for all the other posters, lets keep this to the on the subject. Please only post if you have less posts than jumps!
my pics & stuff!

:$ ... sorry linestretch.

Anyway... on topic... couldn't a place / business like Perris or Eloy petition the local government for permission or a waiver or something to be able to bring in temp trailers for such a large event? I'd guess that there would be power and sanitation wickets to jump through too, but if it were for a short period of time, wouldn't that be a selling point? I could see that local businesses (i.e. hotels and motels) could gripe, but my counterpoint would be, if we can bring in temp trailers in support of this event, then its more likely this event will happen here again, would you like a piece of something or a piece of nothing?

Not too mention, a place where we can critique video. So you're telling me the city won't let you bring in temp trailers? Then how did Perris get away with it?

And for all the other posters, lets keep this to the on the subject. Please only post if you have less posts than jumps!

Perris is located in the state of california, Eloy is located in the state of Arizona, So the DZ's are located in different states:o different counties :odifferent cities:o.

Sorry if my profile doesn't meet your posting requirements:P But this isn't your web sight either:)

Have a good time at the nationalsB|

R.I.P.

So you're telling me the city won't let you bring in temp trailers?

See bbarnhouse's comments above about the city(Az) code restricting it. If there is anyone who can tell you about SDA it is her, she runs just about every aspect of the place on a daily basis. There are plenty of monitors in the hanger where you can review video and I am sure more will be made available. Unfortunately all of the team rooms are booked, SDA is a very popular place so you have to plan way ahead if you expect to have a team room,especialy for big events. The new motel is maybe a few hundred more meters than the team rooms and are far bigger and can support all of your needs. If thats not acceptable for you then perhaps you should consider pulling a trailer/camper down as they also have a temp area behind the team rooms where you could plug in for the event but I'd ask bbarnhouse as those spaces may already be gone too.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have way more posts than I have jumps. What is your point? I case you haven’t noticed posting is much easier than jumping and not as expensive.

I am also not trying to find a trailer this late in the game. As someone posted Eloy is not Perris. Do you think maybe they might have different City Councils making the rules?

After working at the last 2 nationals one thing I noticed. The top teams are always on time, always ready to jump and don’t sit around bitching.

And I will post anything anywhere I want as long as I don’t piss off a greenie. And I have known to do that.

Now you all enjoy the competition.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I agree SDA runs a top notch ship there however, I have to agree with LineStretch on this one. If you are hosting an event like this you do what is needed to be done to accomodate your customers/competitors. She said there is as many rooms as Perris had last year but without bringing any in how can that be? SDA doesn't have that many regularly. And even so, the bottom line is THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH! Sure you can say we should have planned ahead better but I have been following the Nationals portion of the SDA website for months and it has not changed at all. There is no mention of services available or how to secure them. After waiting for more info on the website, I called SDA (about 5 weeks ago) and requested info. They said I needed to talk to BB and that she would be back Monday. I left my name and number and never received a call back. Would that have been in time to secure a team room? who knows? I didn' tfollowup so that one is on me. As far as the website goes, the only thing posted is a schedule (which I agree with the previous post that there is way too much time between 4-way and the banquet and I for one will not be staying and paying for 4 more days hotels/food/etc...).

Anyway back to the point... I am very surprised and disappointed that this years event seems very unorganized from my perspective. I have tried to get info and have been unsuccessful. Perhaps we were just spoiled by Perris the last two years and I have come to expect too much. I am sure there is much happening behind the scenes that I am not aware of and I know there is a lot of hard work going into this event but from my perspective I am not very excited about this event based on what I have seen and what my experience has been

I am sorry folks but...Eloy has what it has and it really is as simple as that.
The bid was awarded in July of last year and teams started booking shortly thereafter, knowing that rooms of all sorts would fill up quickly.
I hope all that choose to participate have a successful USPA Nationals.
All information regarding team rooms, video rooms etc can be found at www.skydiveaz.com.
Kind regards,
B

edited to add...
manifest handles all reservations. Burke is the meet director and Amy Chmelecki is the event coordinator