Zaccutt

The age old question... under 18?

Any places in Ontario Canada that still allow it? I have read a lot of the threads but couldn't find anything relating to Canadian laws.

I am 16 and VERY eager to have my first jump.

Any places that only need consent?

Tandem dive BTW.

Thanks for the help.
Zac

age old answer:

do a search on the website. This has been discussed at length.
Most Tandem operations (but not all) set their age limit at 18 because of liablility issues but some static line courses will allow 16 with consent.
Why not use the next two years to save money and research the various training options?

Foggy

I have read a lot of the threads but couldn't find anything relating to Canadian laws.

I did look around but as above^ couldnt find anything I was looking for.

I did a speech on skydiving in about grade 6 and at the time I believe there were a couple places still offering 16y/o to dive w/ consent. I finally reach 16 and realize... I can't jump now. LOL I have waited a long time, I would love to just get out there and do it!

Zac

Try contacting Skydive Burnaby at
www.skydiveburnaby.com

You will need both parents permission if they allow it, however I'm not sure if they will make your parents come out to the DZ itself.

Call Mike & Tara and find out.

Good Luck!

Dayle

Well,it's not Ontario,but...
http://www.nouvelair.ca/
might be worth a try. It's near Montreal.
I know a 17-year-old from Massachusetts who has 147 jumps there (worked as a packer to pay for them) and has his Canadian B license.

Hey Howard

Zac, he's a buddy of mine. If you are interested in contacting him his name is Christian Clouser. His cell number is 978.302.7407. Tell him Eric sent you his way. I'm sure he can answer a lot of your questions for you. One thing about canada is the prices are much higher. But if you got the cash and determination then go for it!

don't know about canada but at my dz in richmond we'll let you do the aff course or static line at 16 with parent consent....i'm pretty sure anyway.

too bad my dad's old dz isn't open still, we let people jump at 16 with parent consent also.

but skydive wayne county if you want to make the treck down here.

later