JumpOnJoe

Types of flying

What exactly defines "freeflying"?

When someone else pays for your slot thus giving you a "free" jump. Hence the term, freeflying. :)
Some people may try and convince you it means flying on your head, in a sit, or in a stand but trust me, they have no clue what they are talking about.

What exactly defines "freeflying"?

When someone else pays for your slot thus giving you a "free" jump. Hence the term, freeflying. :)
Some people may try and convince you it means flying on your head, in a sit, or in a stand but trust me, they have no clue what they are talking about.

Thats frikin hillarious! :D:D:D:D

Freeflying is exactly what it says. Flying in any position you can imagine. Mainly sit, stand and head down. Ive seen olav zipser litterally running through the sky on a video (forgot the name).
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

"Freeflying" is colloquial at best, just a convenient and recognized term. Usually it means, sit, head-down, stand, maybe even inlcudes knee-flying.

People just have a perception when the word is mentioned. Generally speaking, it can include a lot more things.
|
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

These days, it might also include tracking and angled flight or Atmonauti; freefly competitions also include belly positions.

Then there's hybrids, with a bellyflier with a hanger or a rodeo, which might include head-up or head-down positions elsewhere in formation, and wingsuit rodeos in a tracking formation. Overall, I'd class those as 'freefly jumps'.

To me, most everything that isn't something else is freefly. There's even canopy freefly :P

It's not a very descriptive term these days ..
Johan.
I am. I think.

What exactly defines "freeflying"? I think I have an idea but I would like to have specifics.

The Australian Parachute Federation defines it as:

Freefly RW: Freefall relative work in which the participants do not fall in a predominantly face-to-earth position.

It could be argued that this categorises tracking dives as Flatfly RW.

It could be argued that this categorises tracking dives as Flatfly RW.

So does that make a tracking dive with the rabbit on their back a hybrid????
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+