birdynamnam

Cessna shhhhhh!

I kinda like the noise, ever since I started skydiving I haven't had to listen to my SO as much.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? What did you say honey, I can't hear you. B|
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I kinda like the noise, ever since I started skydiving I haven't had to listen to my SO as much.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? What did you say honey, I can't hear you. B|

LOL..good thing she doesn't know how to look up your posts on "DropZone.Com" ......(or does she?) :ph34r:

btw: I never got the scoop on your tunnel time last weekend...how was it?

Trying to reduce which noise? Inside the aircraft or out? (I can't read German this late at night.)

I've always just used Matrix disposable earplugs. (They don't plug my ears so completely that I get balance problems.) And I put some latex foam rubber sheet in my helmet's earholes.

As for noise outside the aircraft, that's a complex aero-engineering problem.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Okay I understand that on many dropzones neighbors don't complain about the noise from the jump plane, thats really good. But other places in the world, maybe with more dense population, it can be necessary to act and try to minimize the noise emission, before local politicians will listen to complaints and close down the dz. So I would like to hear from pilots or dz owners that have tried the kit in question, the kit is usually consisting of (1) upgrade two-blade prop to tree-blade prop, usually reducing noise by 50%, we have done that, and then (2) mounting a silencer on the exhaust. It is specifically the silencer kit I am interested in hearing about.

Our C-206 still has all the headliners and upholstry from before it was a jump plane, it's pretty quiet in there. Alhough, it is heavier, and it does climb a tad slower than the average 206. That and my iPod!!
God made firefighters so paramedics would have heroes...and someone can put out the trailer fires.