matthias

AFF level 3 video

I've been having a hell of a time as I'm in the broke-ass AFF student catagory that's lucky to get to jump around the 1st and the 15th, and I have this issue with adrenaline management (getting all wired up before exits). Anyways so here it is:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1251888045&n=2

Shot at Skydive Houston on Oct 1, 2006 also starring JMs Phil Myers and Larry. Instructors review of the dive can be viewed in the live journal link below. Main thing is the relaxing part and not being too tense in freefall, other than that I'm not certain what was inducing the left turn. Any feedback, criticsm, completely welcome.

Go easy :) Still getting used to this.

thanks in advance,
Matt

Hey!

By no means am I experienced or an AFF-I, but I'm trying to get better at figuring out flying problems. So, here's what I noticed in the vid...

...On exit, arch a little bit more! And bent your knees a little bit. When you exit, make sure to present your chest to the relative wind and keep your chin up (which helps you to arch also). Try to watch the plane as you leave!

As far as the turning, I'm not sure. What it seems to me is you are a little "stiff." I was the same way! Haha, a flying piece of plywood. Lol. Relaxing a bit more and arching would help with it I think...

But like I said, I only have a few jumps, so I may not be the best at this whole thing yet, lol.

And I hear ya with the broke AFF student! I was there just a few months ago, but it gets better...well, kinda...

Go easy :) Still getting used to this.

thanks in advance,
Matt

Hey don't feel bad. I'm having to repeat AFF2 and I feel like I am more nervous each time I jump. :P Only on the exit though, after that I'm fine. You did fine as far as I can tell, I've seen people do a lot worse in AFF videos, tumbling like a snowball down a hill.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan