b_dog

What time of day do you like best for skydiving?

airplane...

when the weather is just right - not to hot, so perhaps sunset... Ya, that is it... Sunset.;)

Now out of a balloon - this has to be very carefully planned so the balloon lifts off the second the sun comes up over the horizon. Nothing beats a balloon jump, and making it to work on time 50 miles away.:P

What time of day do you like best to jump out of the airplane? Do you have any preference? What are your reasons?

For me, first load is my favorite 7am, air is crisp and there is no wind, so swoops are fast and the ground is is damp and slidey.... Plus in the summer over here is not 40C at that time of the morning..
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

Speaking of the afternoon, that has me worried. As a post already mentioned about wind conditions in the afternoon, that's not good news for me considering in two weeks I'm planning to go with friends on a tandem at about 3-4pm in the afternoon (the earliest I can plan it since we have morning jobs on Saturday).

If that's true, I sure hope the weather conditions that day are unusually cooperative. It will surely suck if they tell us we have to reschedule.

Morning is really nice for getting a super-long skating landing on the wet grass.

Sunset, however, has the best visuals. When the sun is really low, the light hits the jumpers from below, lighting them with that yellow-orange color. It's even more pronounced on CRW jumps, where each canopy seems to glow with all of their colors. The colors on the ground really take on new tones and the long shadows make all of the terrain features more visible.

Plus, there's usually beer at sunset. ;)

Kevin

Its already been said (a few times) but I'm going to jump on the bandwagon anyway - early morning or right at sunset. As any photographer will tell you, its all about the light - as any skydiver will tell you, its all about the nil wind and wet grassB|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Sunset load because all the work jumps are done, there are more people to jump with, something big usually gets organized, and there's a :D waiting in the LZ.
BASE 1224, Senior Parachute Rigger, CPL ASEL IA, AGI, IGI
USPA Coach & UPT Tandem Instructor, PRO, Altimaster Field Support Representative