Julho

Age limit in the US for foreign licensed skydiver

"rules" is not the issue. It's about the waiver. If you are under 18 you will have trouble finding anywhere that will let you jump. 18 is the age you can sing a binding contract, in most cases, and thus the age for you to be able to sign a binding waiver.

Call anywhere you are planning on jumping and ask the DZ they might let you jump but it is up to the DZ itself.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Actually, I am talking about my son who will join me to skydive in the US, if it makes sense to take him there.

So I can sign whatever waiver (with him or on behalf of him). I wonder if that would solve the problem ?

Checking up with the DZ is still a good idea, though.

Julho

So I can sign whatever waiver (with him or on behalf of him). I wonder if that would solve the problem ?

Usually not. remember though there are 50 different sets of laws in the US.

Again call the DZ's you are thinking about going to and talk to the manager.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

There are many DZs in the US that take underage tandems. I suspect that is the same group that would let you sign for a licensed jumper/dependent. Since the tandem manufacturers are pretty strenuous in their objection these DZs tend to be a bit shy about advertising here on that subject.

Usually not. remember though there are 50 different sets of laws in the US.

Again call the DZ's you are thinking about going to and talk to the manager.

Legally, the answer is no in all 50 states - and adult cannot contract-away his/her minor child's rights to sue. That being said, there are a small handful of DZ's in the US that will permit 16 or 17 yr old jumpers with parental consent; just not many.
(Edit: Or maybe there's more than I'm aware of, if Andrewwhyte is correct...)