skinnyshrek

slowest tandem

Just a thought. This week-end, while filming a tandem. Both Pro-Tracks read an average speed of 102mph. Anyone else had a tandem this slow or slower. Took everything to stay with them. Towards the end though started sinking out Not just me but 2 other camera guys also.:(
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

There has definitely been tandems that averaged less than that.

Skydive Monroe had a pretty tall lanky female tandem master (can't remember her name) who was at least 6'-0" tall, maybe a couple inches more. She took up this tiny petite girl who couldn't have weighed much more than 100 pounds. I don't know what their speed was, but I bet it was under 100 mph. She ended up trying to ball herself up just to pick up more speed so the videographer wouldn't sink too far. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Skydive Monroe had a pretty tall lanky female tandem master (can't remember her name) who was at least 6'-0" tall, maybe a couple inches more.

Hi Vance

If you meet that nice Lady:P again can you have send me a PM:)

BTW where is Monroe[:/]

R.I.P.

do you mean Becca? Man, the slowest i've fallen was about 108 comfortable. But this was slooooow. I believe the slowest speed was 97 that was probably on exit but still too slow for me. may have to lose some more weight...lol :)

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

do you mean Becca? Man, the slowest i've fallen was about 108 comfortable. But this was slooooow. I believe the slowest speed was 97 that was probably on exit but still too slow for me. may have to lose some more weight...lol :)

Yeah! That's her name! Becca... What is she... 6'-2" or so tall? Damn... I was at Monroe the weekend she took the tiny girl up. I was looking for tandems to practice video with and asked her, but she said her fall rate would be way too slow and I didn't have a camera suit, so I went with Joe's tandem, and that video turned out beautifully.

Yeah, I think you need to lose some weight, ya fat bastard! ;) Or get a camera/birdman hybrid suit or something, hehehehehe....
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

dude, I was with Frank 165lb and chuck same weight all with baggy freefly suits. They couldn't stay. I managed to hang there with everything but it was too much like work. Then started falling out and i was like WTF. It wa:)

Yeah... there are always going to be a tandem here or there that floats like a feather and nobody can stay up with them.

I also remember the time I was doing video for my DZ's tandems... Everything was fine until the DZ replaced the worn-out drogue with a new one. I was on the first tandem using that new drogue and I was like WTF, they're too damn slow! And fell like a rock compared to them... :S Of course, the passenger was kinda light on that one too.

I get that problem shooting tandems when the TM is about 150-160 and the pax is about 110 or lighter. Throw out a 42" drouge and I have fighting all the way.. No idea onthe speed but it is SSLLLOOOWWWW...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I had one where my average according to my neptune was 94 MPH, and I still ended up sinking out.

I videoed a tandem a couple of weeks ago.
Ave speed 97mph
student was 4'9 and she weighed 87lbs
I had no problem staying with it.
I fly on my back all the time.
I have a firefly suit with big wings.
I even wore my weight, 10lbs i wear for canopy piloting, put it on with out even realizing i had done it.
I'm 215 out the door.

Gary Harbird

well out the door i am probably 275 and i was falling at 104 average can't do 97 lol

Can we get back to the 6'2" Tandem Lady:P

Anyone got a pic:) preferbably standing next to a short person;)

R.I.P.

I think that's her on the left... Sorry, I couldn't find any references for her height... Don't think you'd want to get too close to her though... :D

billy are you a stalker i'm sure you have a pic of me somewhere you TARD..lol yes thats becca. She will be at the Farm this week-end. 50 dollars and you get her cell number...lol Only kidding i won't give it out Becca.. OK 100:)

We got close enough to Amazon to get picked up:)
And dumb enough to get picked up the second timeB|.

Tall women are :P Tall and strong womenB|

Be careful what you wish for, and give the camera to someone who won't miss the shot because their laughing to hard. >:(:D:D:D

R.I.P.

i filmed a tandem where billy roads (spellingon last name wrong) was doing a tandem with a very small girl that was paralized from the waist down, she must of weighted maybe 70 pounds, think my fall rate was very low 100's maybe sub as i was flying all of my wing and i was stillsinkingout on them.... that was one slow ass tandem jump!!!!!!!!!

billy are you a stalker i'm sure you have a pic of me somewhere you TARD..lol yes thats becca. She will be at the Farm this week-end. 50 dollars and you get her cell number...lol Only kidding i won't give it out Becca.. OK 100:)

Who, me? A stalker?? LOL! I got it off Skydive Monroe's site... She's a sweet but TALL gal... LOL

Just a thought. This week-end, while filming a tandem. Both Pro-Tracks read an average speed of 102mph. Anyone else had a tandem this slow or slower. Took everything to stay with them. Towards the end though started sinking out Not just me but 2 other camera guys also.:(

Skinny, you are a big motherfucker. Be smart enough to know when to take a pass on the super-floaters if you think you aren't going to be able to stay up.

Skinny, you are a big motherfucker. Be smart enough to know when to take a pass on the super-floaters if you think you aren't going to be able to stay up.

But that man can stop the big mass when he needs too! In dublin he comes up to film me and a little passenger. I think our tandem exit weight was almost lighter than he was!!:D;) He begged in that accent....do-cha think you can keep the fall rate up a tad?.... We get out in freefall and I'm flying tight trying to help....Then he pops 30 feet above me like it was NOTHING!!! I know we were in the low 100's range. It's a site to see a man that size stop in freefall!