GPSJane

Have you ever thrown up in the plane?

I was really close to throwing up a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why, really. I felt fine before getting on the plane, felt fine after I left the plane.. but the whole ride up I felt it coming on. Once the door opened and I got some fresh air I was fine.

Ended up being a really fun jump!

There is something about those acidic digestive fluids - designed specifically for breaking things down and turning them into shit - that would prevent me from ever being able to use the rig again, regardless of how fast it was washed or repacked.

Exactly. Puke is not just a little dirt, it's hydrochoric acid (and some other stuff). Would you pour hydrochloric acid on your rig and then jump it again?

Is it common practice to replace the student half of a tandem harness once it's been puked on?

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Good question. The answer i would think is NO. Tandem students are a dime a dozen so they are not really worth forking out a new harness every time.

The thing about someone blowing chunks on my rig that would really put me of it is that, my rig is like my best mate. I am not affraid to smell it, i am not affraid to be crashed out on the dz floor with the rig as a pillow, i trust it to topen everytime and i trust it to protect my canopy and especially my reserve. If someone threw up on my rig, i would simply lose trust with my rig, i towuld be like someone else tampering with my rig. And i dont want vomit in the nooks and cranny of it eating away at my reserve.
Just think how mad someone would be if you put a cigarette burn in their rig. Same thing as far as i am concerned, you just pored acid over my rig. I too would make ask you to pay for it at the dealer price i get my containers for. I would not want to make money of the incident, just replace it.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So in this hypothetical situation, would the barfer now own your rig since (s)he has to replace it with all new equipment? Could the barfer depreciate the value of your rig against the cost of the new equipment since you've been jumping it? Will your local CPA have to get involved?

FFS, this is just all kinds of stupid. Pop the reserve, get the rig washed, put it all back together, jump. Or do you buy yourself new stuff everytime you fall over? Read Poynter's manual and look up the sections on material & deterioration, or be prepared for lonely rides on a Cessna that you'll have to buy all the slots on.

Edit to add: so vomit is ok on tandem harnesses but not on your personal rig? I don't get your thinking.

sarcasim about the tandem harness.

Of course they would own my rig. I also said i would get them dealer price on my new gear they would be buying, but hey if they want to minus 100 jumps, off my container, 60 jumps off my canopy and 4 repacks zero jumps off my reserve to come up with a fair price then they can buy me new gear at retail price.

dealer price would be alot cheaper. depreciation on my rig would cost them more than me hooking them up the new gear for the price i pay.

put it all back together, jump. Or do you buy yourself new stuff everytime you fall over? Read Poynter's manual and look up the sections on material & deterioration, or be prepared for lonely rides on a Cessna that you'll have to buy all the slots on.

If a fall over, that would be myself doing the damage to my rig. Not somebody else damagin my property.

You tell me to be prepared for lonely rides in a cessna paying for all the slots myself. I think that would be the person that is throwing up on peoples gear in the plane.

If i damage someones property, i am prepared to replace it. It is ok for someone to ruin their own goods but if you ruin someone elses goods then you shoulds replace it or do what it takes to make that person as an individual happy.

I dont buy new gear everytime i fall over but i do keep my stuff in a condition that i like, i like new things in life and when i mess something of mine up or make something of mine grubby, yes i do replace it with new. I like new, so what?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I wouldn't reckon that someone was vomiting on purpose, therefore I don't see how I could hold that person responsible for more than a wash & repack and maybe a couple of drinks later. Why all the drama & bad feelings? That's the part I don't get.

DZs are such small little communities. I can't imagine the bad feelings that would occur from this (hopefully) hypothetical situation. 1 sick stomach = $4000? Yeah, don't think so, therefore the lonely plane rides for the person that sticks the bill.

I wouldn't reckon that someone was vomiting on purpose, therefore I don't see how I could hold that person responsible for more than a wash & repack and maybe a couple of drinks later. Why all the drama & bad feelings? That's the part I don't get.

That person can therfore vomit in their helmet or their jumpsuit.
I think that person can be held responsible if they know that they get sick doing anything.
For example jane said that she gets sick doing anything, so as a skydiver she should be prepared to throw up and take a bag of some sort. People are responsible for their actions.

If someone threw up on my rig and they tried to get it in their helmet or their jumpsuit, fine, clean my ficking rig and sort your shit out before you get on another load. If they dont try to throw up in thier helmet or their jumpsuit and just turn to the side and throw up on me or just thro up in front of them on me with no attempt to get their helmet or inside their suit then fuck them, they can pay for the damages. The damages now involve myself having the insides of someone on my rig seeping through the material and acid on my rig. They can pay for that.

You understand me. Everyone is different.

If i scratch someones alti, i will replace it, if i put a cigg burn in someones rig, i will replace it. If i crash someones car, i will replace it. I expect the same.

Many people live on the theory that 'you ruin it, you own it'.
I worked hard to have a brand new rig, and worked harder keeping it clean. You ruin it in an instance then you own it.

No, i am not getting prepared for lonely rides in a cessna, i have been jumping for 5-6 years and have not needed to yet.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store