niro123456

Pro-packing

Yea, probably the easiest way to learn is to get someone to teach you. I watched someone one time, next time I did it with assistance, the third time I packed it by myself and jumped it. Viola, learned how to pro-pack in one day.
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

There's also a video out there, "Pack like a Pro" that's helped some folks.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I'll have to agree, hands on is the way to go with someone teaching you. At least a half a dozen people have shown me how to pro-pack and each had a little "style" variation on how they did their pack jobs. I also used the "Pack like a Pro" video but found myself pretty confused and doin the rewind thing over and over. After I learned more I was able to process the video a little better. Hell, I'm still learning myself. I remember the first jump I did on my own first rig with the first un-assisted pack job..... saying a little prayer in the plane.... and thankful that someone who knows what they are doing packs the reserve.....hey, it opened beautifully, imagine my pleasant surprise. I'm still amazed that that big ball of nylon crap I stuffed in the bag opens so nice!!!! Practice....practice....practice......

Blue Skies!

******Today is one day too late.********

You can also email PD, they had a free DVD that Scott Miller made to teach people how to pro pack. It is really informative for someone who is learning.

I've used and highly recommend the PD video...

While using a video is not quite as up close and personal as having someone show you how to pack, you'll find that if you get 5 different people to show you how, you'll get 5 (possibly very) different variations. Scott packs exactly the same way every time in the video, no matter how many times you watch it! :P

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I'll have to agree with the hands on. Once you've watched someone pack 1-2 times, try it on your own with them watching and correcting you. Once you've got the hang of it and can do some good pack jobs, try helping other people who are learning out. You'll know that you've got a grasp on the concept when you can accuratly teach others.

As for the DVD's... can't really help there, sorry!

"Living like fallen angels who lost their halos" - Unknown Prophets

-Love Life-