adventurechick

Balloon Jumps

i have 4 balloon jumps..

3 out in eloy and one at this years wffc

i would have done more at the wffc had it not been such a terrible experiance from start to end,...

waking up at 6am after the toga party..chasing the balloon for like 2 hours..finally getting into the balloon...jump was great...landing area was crazy..landed 3 feet from a 8 foot ditch..

then we had to catch the balloon on landing..then deflate it and pack it up...a 35 min drive back to the convention...

got back there at like 1pm...

anyways...

all of the jumps were between 4500 and 5000

and they ALL rocked
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

Yes they are I had a blast this morning
I am sooooo glad the fog cleared so we didn't have to land with the balloon:)
edited to add next time I'll go out first so you can get theextra altitude:P
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

At Dublin this year I got on one of the best balloon jumps ever. Early in the morning the balloon took off from the airport with 4 skydivers and a passenger (skydiver's wife) who doesn't jump. The wind was light, so we were only a little past the airport when we got out between 4000 and 6000 feet. The skydivers landed on the airport, then the balloon caught some changing winds on the way down and it landed back on the airport.
I think the person who had the biggest thrill was the skydiver's wife who went as an observer. Instead of a typical balloon ride where you drift at tree-top level then land and wait for a chase truck, she got to go to 6000 feet, watch people jump out, then she landed in the balloon right next to where her husband landed his parachute. Too Cool.

Early in the morning the balloon took off from the airport with 4 skydivers and a passenger (skydiver's wife) who doesn't jump.

hehehe... I know who you are talking about... he's a buddy of mine.

I did a balloon jump on the Saturday morning Dublin jump... we got about 5000ft and I landed on the airport.

probably the coolest jump I've done so far... with my night jump following closely behind.

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Yes they are I had a blast this morning
I am sooooo glad the fog cleared so we didn't have to land with the balloon

edited to add next time I'll go out first so you can get theextra altitude

It was a pleasure hanging out with you today!!! We must do balloon jumps again soon!! Wow.. I'm still on a high!! Wasn't it amazing?!!!

PMS #449 TPM #80 Muff Brother #3860
SCR #14705 Dirty Sanchez #233

Actually....I'm gonna go to the turkey meet!:D

The 19th is my B-day as well!

2.5 months working in florida (Thank you SUPERBOWL!!)...better believe I'm not traveling back north on the weekends!

Does Z-hills have bunk houses or just camping? I'll need some friends down there...so make sure to say hi!

Early in the morning the balloon took off from the airport with 4 skydivers and a passenger (skydiver's wife) who doesn't jump.

hehehe... I know who you are talking about... he's a buddy of mine.

I did a balloon jump on the Saturday morning Dublin jump... we got about 5000ft and I landed on the airport.

probably the coolest jump I've done so far... with my night jump following closely behind.

Scott

To damn funny!!

If he gets online tonite.

He will scream.. BRIDGE DAY !!! :D:D
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

To damn funny!!

If he gets online tonite.

He will scream.. BRIDGE DAY !!! :D:D

I'm not talking about Spence man... ;) He was trying to get people to balloon jumps but the jumper the OP was talking about is my friend Bob. :D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Usually your not going to get more than 6-7 grand. If you want the most altitude the trick is to be the last out cause everytime someone leaves the balloon you get a little more altitude

Before I was a skydiver I used to go flying with my friend who is a balloon pilot. One time we got up to 10 grand.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!