kes6

question about a weird pain

:Shey to all. maybe one of you can help me -

i experienced today, immediately after opening the chute, a sharp and strong pain just above the eyes (one eye, to be accurate). the pain lasted for many hours after i landed, causing me to feel unsure about jumping the next day. (i was in perfect shape before the jump, no cold whatsoever)

is this a typical pain? what is causing it?
what should i do to avoid it, and does it mean i have to take some time off?

i'll appreciate any answer..:|

Sounds like sinuses (I used to get that all the time). You might have an infection (it is very rarely related to colds) and the inflamation is causing an impediment to air flow/balance. Your local bone-thrower will probably just give you an antibiotic and you'll be sorted.

I went to the doctor this morning for some completely unrelated issues. I have a family history of migraines. Luckily, I only get really bad headaches but never skydiving related. I was working on getting a prescription refill when the doctor asked me if I flew a lot. My answer was, "Sorta...I skydive. I went on Saturday." He replied by telling me that I had dried blood in my ear. I had one of those Wtf moments because yes, I had showered (and washed my ears - my mommy would be proud) and been around friends since then. No one else saw this blood. Since I have no experience with pains and my skydiving, he said it wasn't a problem. I still can't believe that I had been bleeding from the ear and never noticed.