lundis

Any one seen this "crazy skydive/skiing video"

Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted before but i have tried to search but dont even know what it is called.

http://ataka.speedriding.free.fr/Video/Speed%20Riding%20%20small.mpg

This looks like sooo much fun and I will live at a ski resort this winter and of course Im gonna have to try this B| but would like to have some more info.

Any one know where one can find some info about this awsome mix of my 2 favorit sports:)
Edited by slotperfect to make the link clicky. B|

Sure you got the adress right? Won't load for me.

Never mind.. got it... that's a pretty awesome video actually..

Wonder how many runs you get in before being turfed from the ski hill. They must have been part of some ski movie production team?? I can't imagine you could just show up at any ski hill and do that.

I think I might try though.. B|

My problem is that I board, not ski.. it may be tough being sideways in the harness.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Now that's what I call thinking! That looks hella fun!

I wonder how many jumps I need to be allowed to do that? And canopy? They look to be on the small side.

Hmmm... I'm trying to figure out the dynamics of doing that on a board. I imagine it would find some kind of equilibrium point where the canopy flies mostly forward, and you might have to ride a lot more on your toes to keep everything going straight, but that's just me thinking out loud.

Another thought I had was you'd want to be careful to keep those skis well away from the canopy and lines. A freshly tuned pair of skis will have nice sharp edges that could cut through a canopy in a second.

Another thought I had was you'd want to be careful to keep those skis well away from the canopy and lines. A freshly tuned pair of skis will have nice sharp edges that could cut through a canopy in a second.

I have thought about this to and Im thinking about getting an old stilleto or something like it that you can get really cheap second hand.

Wonder how many runs you get in before being turfed from the ski hill. They must have been part of some ski movie production team?? I can't imagine you could just show up at any ski hill and do that.

welcome to Europe :P
Seriously, some ski resorts over here are quite happy with this, or ask you to go to certan slopes only... Or you can just fly anywhere outside of the regular ski slopes, where you have no interference with skiers.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Here's some more info including wing specs and a cool movie - maybe some kind soul will make a clicky : http://www.gingliders.com/products/nano.php

A combo of skiing, swooping and paragliding. The risers attach at your hips like a paragliding rig. I've only done one ground launch off a 300 foot hill on a Nano, but it was FUN!

The Nano has been d-bagged out of an airplane at sub terminal speeds, but it's built like a PG - not suitable for terminal deployments.

In Canada, you probably wouldn't have to hide the rig, because noone wouldknow what it is.. but as soon as you pulled the canopy out, you would be gone.

I personally would be afraid of taking someone out on a busy ski-hill anyway, and would want to do it outside the boundaries.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

That settles it.. I'm going to Europe.

Or.... I'm going to Florida or California to skydive. Hmm... what to do?

***I wonder how many jumps I need to be allowed to do that? And canopy? They look to be on the small side.

yea, u definately can't take a manta,,hmm that makes me wonder now,, what about tandem rides?:S

Just let this be your incentive for your next 1000 jumps. :)
For what it is worth, I think I would be pretty nervous doing that and I can ski and swoop. (Both things seperatly)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

That totally rocks! So my questions are:

1). Would your average blue slope at Keystone or Breckenrige have enough angle to allow this?

2). Would a Stiletto 150 be enough canopy?

3). Is there anywhere in the US that they would allow this? (or hell with them, don't ask, just do it)

4). Is it more dangerous than it looks for an experienced skier and skydiver?

5). Anyone wanna come along?

Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video