aardvarkeater

Completed level 4 & 5 over the weekend!

I just completed level 4 and 5 AFF over the weekend. It was a great day out and the weather was fairly warm with stable winds. I wanted to get level 4 right because I was still having some stability issues with my arch on level 3. We got up to altitude and were out the door. When Mike released me my first time I started spinning again just like my level 3. Dammit it thought. Mike stabilized me again and gave me the relax signal. Something just clicked then because after he released the 2nd time I was golden. Everything just felt right. My turns needed work but weren't too bad. Upon opening I had a fun suprise in the form of a wicked line twist. I'm sure it was my first of many to come. I kicked out of that and made it down with a nice stand up landing. Upon review, good exit and need to check arm position for turns. Good for level 5.

Level 5 had another fun suprise as well. Upon getting out the door I proceeded to flip on my back. Fortunately I reovered from that quickly and was able to stabilize easily. The 360 turns this time were great. Forward tracking needed work this time as I didn't extend my legs enough. After opening I got a major brain fart and spaced on the landing pattern. I think since all the other jumps had the final approaches in the opposite directeion I just got a bit confused. I at least remembered which way to land and ended up with a weird cockeyed pattern but still managed a good standup landing. I definetly will be studying the landing patterns big time before I jump again. Cleared for level 6.

Overall it was a great day and I was pleased with my jumps. I met some new people and had a great time. Hopefully when I jump again in 2 more weeks I'll pass 6 & 7.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

Congrats on passing your Levels! I got on my back on both my 5 and 6 jumps too. Nice job on recovering quickly. Levels 6 and 7 were the most fun. Back flips were easier than I thought they would be. I did my front flips on the exit. Too much fun! You should be good to go with barrel rolls. ;) Good luck with the rest of your jumps...

Part of the reason I've been writing up my jumps here is so that I can go back and read them later. I put much of the same info in my logbook too. Write in as much detail as you can: People on the load, conditions, rig info, good / bad things about the jump, etc. Some day when you have 1000's of jumps, it will be fun to go back and read about your student jumps!
Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.