cjsgrlsx3

Am I chicken?

I know a pretty darn good AFF Instructor that had to do 10 tandems before moving on. Mostly because he was chicken but the point is that it get better and no telling how far you may go.

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

For some reason I insist on starting my AFF in January. Partly because that is my birthday and my father has given me my AFF training as a present and partly well, just because....... I will do my 5th tandem tomorrow. Does this seem odd?

Well maybe you should use the money from the tandem to do an AFF jump.:P Then by January you will be well on your way to your "A".

For some reason I insist on starting my AFF in January. Partly because that is my birthday and my father has given me my AFF training as a present and partly well, just because....... I will do my 5th tandem tomorrow. Does this seem odd?

You do whatever you're comfortable with! ;)

Yves.

Money is really not the issue. I just keep finding excuses to do another tandem! So I do have my date set for January and my daughter and I will do some tunnel time for Christmas in Florida! Oh, and I know for a fact I can not do a single jump in December.

if you've planned for january to start aff and $$$ isn't a factor...sure make a few more tandems,:)Starting aff ANY time sounds good to me,:);) especially if you will be able to move right along, making jumps one after the other... Big difference between the student who can jump daily,,,B| the student who can jump weekly,, :|and those who can only jump monthly...:(
So if it's Jan. you should be some place where the weather is not
going to be a problem...and hinder your pace, if it can be a fast pace...
Your father is generous and no doubt, proud as well, of his daughter's adventurous spirit. When will he make his tandem # 1...? ( maybe fathers day ;);) )

Tunnel time with your daughter will be great... I shared that very experience during MY only tunnel time years ago...In OUR case the teenager with zero skydives, Allison) out flew the jumper, (me) in no uncertain terms.. [:/] hahahaha be prepared for a fun time.
then pay close attention as you receive your instruction and gain in your knowledge
of how to safely enjoy this sport which we share.B|
jmy
a3914 d12122

OMG! I totally bombed today. I don't know if it was too early or what. We exited and I had a hard time finding the pull to do the practice pulls. That must have thrown me off because it NEVER even crossed my mind that I hadn't checked the alti AT ALL. :S Everyting else went well but I felt like I really should have done that jump again. I did learn how to turn and all; I think I got caught up in that also. But gosh, what an idiot I was. This was my 5th tandem and I should know to check by now. I practically did it by myself last time. I guess it is up in the plane I go again, I need to build my confidence. It worries me that I will screw up bad when I do my AFF. :|

whoa whoa whoa
an important part of jumping is to "emphasize the positive".....find something good about each jump you make... whether tandem or solo...
Please do not make the mistake of beating yourself up.... ( or calling yourself chicken)
since many many jumps will have moments where we did this less than perfect or we could have done that a bit better...
You have learned from this recent jump and so that is a good thing ...
Hang in there... and be SURE to do things correctly next time.
and Yeah.... I guess you may wanna check your altitude a couple of times on EVERY jump.....:D:oB|:P
Still all is well...;)
only,,,, try to not let the excitement of the skydive distract you from your tasks at hand...
Rely on your instructors and be sure to appoach YOUR responsibilities in such a way that you build accomplishment on top of accomplishment...Understand what is expected of you before you board the plane and then concentrate on doing it.

What sort of aircraft are you using?? are you exiting at 13,500..... or 10,500 ??? additional tandems are great as long as you perform strongly on each of them...
Do NOT take the approach,,,,"I'm worried".....and do Not even think.. " i will screw up bad when.....".. baloney......you will listen to the information which you are taught, you will practice things on the ground, your instrcutors will prepare you.. and you WILL do GREAT...
You Can,,,,, and You WILL... hahahahahaha
have fun
good luck.
j t
.....o[:-)........

I guess I have always been quick to point out the mistakes I made. Let's see...........I did my turns correctly, learned a bit on landing patterns, and canopy control! So I did learn a little on this jump and also learned what not to do. So I would have to say that it was a good jump. And was told I had a good flare for landing. So OK, not too bad. Thanks Jimmy for the encouragement. I will do another and will be more "alt aware" that's for sure! The Aircraft is a PAC 750 and I'm jumping from 13,500.

hmmmmmm I suggest "emphasizing the positive"... and someone posts a video of a person who WON'T leave the airplane.....:S
how much more NEGATIVE can you get????:ohahaha:)
true enough though,,,, at least cjsgrlsx3 seems more than Happy to go out the door.....
if I could jump a PAC750,,,,,B|;):) at the local DZ....
I would be getting in it AND out of it... as often as possible.. Have fun
skydive softly, skydive often, skydive with friends
jmy

Tunnel time with your daughter will be great... I shared that very experience during MY only tunnel time years ago...In OUR case the teenager with zero skydives, Allison) out flew the jumper, (me) in no uncertain terms.. Unsure hahahaha be prepared for a fun time.

:D:D
I just had to pipe in...

Similar to your story, my son, 15 at the time, no jumps, outflew my sorry, 200-jump ass in the tunnel his first two minutes in it. I was pissed (at myself) and ecstatic for him.

The really good part was the ex was pissed at ME for getting him interested in skydiving. She thinks we're ALL a bunch of bozos.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

It's quite normal to be scared and nervous when you are about to jump from an airplane for the first time under your own canopy. TBeing scared only proves that you are normal, I would worry about you if you had no fear about this; having said that, don't let the fear paralyze you, proceed when you are ready, and you will do fine.

I will say that it is best for you to do AFF jumps as close together as you can; the longer you put between jumps, the more fear you will have to overcome again.

You will probably experience these same nervous feelings again when you jump your own pack job for the first time, I know I did.

Good luck and God Bless!
Mike Sanes