SARLDO

"A" 50,000

I noticed that the USPA license number A-50,000 is due soon (or already issued). Am I the only one who is excited about the fact that this is happening or is the issuance of the 50,000th license not a big deal to anyone else in this great sport? Seems to me that a celebration is in order here.

btw... who is the lucky recipient?
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Already issued, but not in the mag yet. I think my two way partner has been signing my log book as A -50xxx. I haven't sent in my A license, I figure I will send in for my B as soon as I take the test. :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I noticed that the USPA license number A-50,000 is...

Talk about making you feel like an old-timer...I like to sign logbooks with my A license number, just for fun; it makes people walk away looking at their logbook going "wow, he only has an A license?".

"Beezy Shaw, A 3393" B|

I noticed that the USPA license number A-50,000 is...

Talk about making you feel like an old-timer...I like to sign logbooks with my A license number, just for fun; it makes people walk away looking at their logbook going "wow, he only has an A license?".

"Beezy Shaw, A 3393" B|

I got a chuckle out of that. Thanks!!! :D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

... well SURE that is exciting..........
it means lots of people still take skydiving seriously enough to accomplish that " A " Lic.
:)and in this day and age where literally millions of people have now made a tandem jump,
just to say 'they did it ' ,:| those who have truly "begun to learn how to skydive" can rightfully feel proud of that accomplishment.B|;)

The hope is that a Large majority of that 50,000,,,,do continue on in the sport, to serve as participants and ambassadors of a truly amazing hobby/lifestyle.
I earned My A in '73....and have stayed as active as possible since then...
The rewards have been friends, skydives, and experiences which have become unforgetable in my life,
and the promise of more for the future...:)why not get excited about that?????

jimmytavino
a 3914 d 12122

I remember the guy with A-40,000 got mentioned in the Parachutist a few years ago, with a picture, a little bit of text about him, and the title "A40K".

If you are that guy, and if you read this ... you said you were going to develop a packing machine. Any news on that yet?