dweeb

Did my first hop & pop today from 5000.

Cool. I've got 6 jumps to go to reach 25, and I've already got everything signed off except for 25 jumps and my check dive.

I'll do it next Saturday.

;)

On edit, I'll have to remember to take some long underwear. It was pretty damn cold at altitude this morning.

Yeah, it is a cool experience. I was worried about my hop and pops and then when I did my first one, I was like.. wow, what was I worried about, that was friggin' sweet!

Now 3,500, when you can see squirrels running around and shit, that's pretty cool, too B|

Remember "back in the day" when your first skydive was a clear and pull, hop and pop or jump and dump? Then AFF came around and there were people who made 100s of jumps had never got out a plane at less the 3000 feet.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

Wow. What an incredible experience.

They are great are'nt they. Love them, love them, love them.

My level 8 I was practically hyperventillating in the door I was so scared, nailed it by pulling on the hill in about 3 seconds, landed rushing my tits off on adrenaline. I had to think at that point what was all the fuss about?

Like somebody said do some lower as it is good practice for bail outs should you need to. Only thing is I would probably have to do a backloop exit now because I never leave stable on low ones and probably would screw it right up!:S

Remember "back in the day" when your first skydive was a clear and pull, hop and pop or jump and dump? Then AFF came around and there were people who made 100s of jumps had never got out a plane at less the 3000 feet.

I remember....My first 5 SL jumps were from 2800 ft. and my 1st freefall on jump # 6 was from 3200. #7 was 5 seconds from 3500 and #8 was 10 seconds from 4000. On jump #9 I went all the way up to 5000 I did a 15 second delay.

Firstly, nice one!!! I remember aabsolutley shitting myself as I approached the plane for my AFF hop n pop.
And to be honest, getting out low (say 3K) gives me a big rush now.
Im thinking this is the legacy of learning to jump via AFF.
Oldtimers (and unfortunate English students) who do static line must be wondering what all the fuss is about?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking "5000? That's at least a 15 second delay!".

I remember....My first 5 SL jumps were from 2800 ft. and my 1st freefall on jump # 6 was from 3200. #7 was 5 seconds from 3500 and #8 was 10 seconds from 4000. On jump #9 I went all the way up to 5000 I did a 15 second delay.

I remember too...it was only 7 months ago. Ditto...almost. My 5 s/l jumps and 1st FF were from 3000. Spoiled us kids are today!

Oldtimers (and unfortunate English students) who do static line must be wondering what all the fuss is about?

And I am neither an old timer nor an unfortunate English student. I'm a newbie American that got to their A license for $740. It really was nice to have all that extra money I didn't spend on AFF to buy a rig.:P

In reply to:
And I am neither an old timer nor an unfortunate English student. I'm a newbie American that got to their A license for $740. It really was nice to have all that extra money I didn't spend on AFF to buy a rig.

Well I had cash to spare and I wanted to go straight to the top! Plus I dont think Bay Area Skydiving even do things the 'ole fashoined way'!:P:P:)

Well I had cash to spare and I wanted to go straight to the top! Plus I dont think Bay Area Skydiving even do things the 'ole fashoined way'!:P:P:)

Good for you! Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have oodles of cash laying around. But then again, I suppose not everyone has the priviledge of jumping with two world team members on a daily basis, cranking out 4 point 8 ways (from 10k) before they qualify for their B license, or to proudly say that they've never paid for a coach jump and when the time comes, will never charge for a coach jump. But wow...awesome that you're loaded. I could use a new pair of long underware so I can continue to jump through the WI winter and stay somewhat warm!

I also wonder how many world teamers were static line students, and with the onslaught of AFF'ers, if we'll ever see a formation bigger than 400, given that the number of jumpers are down. :S;)

I remember too...it was only 7 months ago. Ditto...almost. My 5 s/l jumps and 1st FF were from 3000. Spoiled us kids are today!

I didn't know there are DZ that still offer Static line jumps,......rounds and belly warts too ?

I let my S/L rating die because I didn't have any place to use it, I loved being a S/L jumpmaster, put out a few students then go to the top for team practice, come down and debierf my students, then with the team. And the end of the day came home with a few bucks.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,

But then again, I suppose not everyone has the priviledge of jumping with two world team members on a daily basis, cranking out 4 point 8 ways (from 10k) before they qualify for their B license, or to proudly say that they've never paid for a coach jump and when the time comes, will never charge for a coach jump.

B|
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.

In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I had cash to spare and I wanted to go straight to the top! Plus I dont think Bay Area Skydiving even do things the 'ole fashoined way'!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for you! Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have oodles of cash laying around. But then again, I suppose not everyone has the priviledge of jumping with two world team members on a daily basis, cranking out 4 point 8 ways (from 10k) before they qualify for their B license, or to proudly say that they've never paid for a coach jump and when the time comes, will never charge for a coach jump. But wow...awesome that you're loaded. I could use a new pair of long underware so I can continue to jump through the WI winter and stay somewhat warm!

Awwwww I was only joking....at the time I had juuuust enough money in the bank to do the course. That money was meant to go to rental deposit etc when I returned to the UK, but sense prevailed and I blew it all on getting my A licence.

Im impressed by your points from ten K...(looks at you upside-down), is that called flat flying??!! hehehe

Sure Ill get you underwear..cant promise itll be the thermal kind though:PX

Im impressed by your points from ten K...(looks at you upside-down), is that called flat flying??!! hehehe

Flat flying, belly flying, RW, call it what you want.:P I guess I'm growing up the old fashion way and like taking it slow. My next adventure will be to start CReW in the spring!

Sure Ill get you underwear..cant promise itll be the thermal kind though:PX

Please do! I'm sure there is a certain dot commer that would thank you, especially if they were lacy!