dweeb

Who here has jumped the jet?

The jet is an interesting jump ship. I have done four. The exit is unlike anything else in current use. 65 is reasonable. The exit speed is intense. If you bring feinds, you had better be tight on exit. It will take your whole skydive to get together If your not. Good luck, have fun.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

The jet is an interesting jump ship. I have done four. The exit is unlike anything else in current use. 65 is reasonable. The exit speed is intense. If you bring feinds, you had better be tight on exit. It will take your whole skydive to get together If your not. Good luck, have fun.

What do you mean by "be tight"?

Can you please give some advice to someone who will have just recently been licensed?

Thanks

It is definitely worth $65.

Some may try to tell you that groups separation is not important, that each group can just leave in a never stopping single file line because the exit speed is so fast.

Don't believe it. 2 jumpers were quite close by at opening. The exit speed didn't seem such a big deal.

It was fun to get some pics on the plane during the ride, since it still has all the normal airliner stuff.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I think I paid $99 to jump the Perris jet at the WFFC. $65 dollars would certainly be worth it. I'd like to jump it again. I flipped on the exit but didn't have any trouble getting down to my buddy. Definitely go for it!
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I have jumped both types,always fun. I was very disappointed at Rantuoal . I was on the load withthe climb to 15000 then back down to 11000. for the same $100 dollars I had personally rode my bike to check it out on a rainy day. They never mentioned the board attached over the steps. It prevents twisted ankles etc, like the727,s had. I pity the fool running back for a big suprise, They had a first pass,second pass set up tha went to hell and our line up got seperated beyond reason. I was in a 20-way at quincyso this was disappointing. Get your group in line with your base in the middle. First guys out do a 180 as soon as possible and get big. Base dives a little trail docks then too. I liked the 727 better if you had green fiberglass paneling to see sitting facing the back. We had front facing with aluminum paneling totally dark with only as steamy hole to run to the light exit As far as what is it like, I tell my tandems 'I think you might like a movie but never what its about, try it'.

>What do you mean by "be tight"?

At higher speeds, you will get more separation with the same exit timing. So go out closer together.

(someone else said)

>Some may try to tell you that groups separation is not important,
>that each group can just leave in a never stopping single file line because
>the exit speed is so fast.

That's a good point. If everyone is doing 10-ways (which we used to do from the 727) then it's not an issue; group timing is such that if you just run out the door as fast as possible you'll get spread out quite a bit, and by the time you build the 10-way you'll have plenty of separation. But if it's all 2-ways, and you're leaving 1/2 second between jumpers, that's only a few hundred feet between 2-ways - and that's sometimes not enough.

I know that Perris' jet was at WFFC this summer. I think I read here that it was dropping jumpers there on a double secret probation waiver that had to be signed in triplicate by Jesus, Budda, and Mohammed. Have they been able to work it out so they can run it at Perris? Their Web site is advertising the jet for the holiday boogie, but I can't (quickly) find anything else about it on their site.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I have 3 high speed 10 way jumps from the 727. When your all lined up grap the rig infront of the person infront of you. Your arms should be around of the guy infront of you. You should be able to take the whole chunk out in almost a sit fly exit 10 way. It will keep you together then break and start your dive.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

The only problem with the "around the next guy" grip technique, is getting hold of the wrong thing and pulling a handle on the way by as you release. I only tried that once when I filled in for another organizer on a ten way comp jump. One guy got deployed as we broke apart.
I would suggest against this type of exit. The exit speeds are to high for that. The violence of hitting the air at that speed is to much. But what do I know I only have 35 727 jumps and every ten way speedstar jacket from the jet or high speed Casa since 96. Just get as close as you can to your partners and giv'r.
AFB, charter member.

The only problem with the "around the next guy" grip technique, is getting hold of the wrong thing and pulling a handle on the way by as you release. I only tried that once when I filled in for another organizer on a ten way comp jump. One guy got deployed as we broke apart.
I would suggest against this type of exit. The exit speeds are to high for that. The violence of hitting the air at that speed is to much. But what do I know I only have 35 727 jumps and every ten way speedstar jacket from the jet or high speed Casa since 96. Just get as close as you can to your partners and giv'r.

You must be the guy who taught us that exit or someone else who has theses numbers. Yes res. handles are in issue. But violence of hitting the air with that exit is hogwash.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!

I didn't teach anyone that exit. I was filling in for Marcus Thorton. I stepped in at the last minute.

The violence of hitting the air isn't that bad, it's the violence of the first person hitting the air with the last person still inside the airplane. KABOOM!!

Sorry I don't spell check. I was in a hurry, Friend.
AFB, charter member.

I'm seriously considering jumping the DC-9 at Perris during their Holiday Boogie.

Has anyone done it?

What's it like?

Is it worth the $65?

I paid a hundred at the WFFC and it was worth it :-)

I was just daydreaming about that jump this AM :-)
__

My mighty steed

I jumped the DC 9 at WFFC 2006. It was definitely fun but not such a big deal, quite similar to a high speed CASA exit. What is a big deal is the reaction you get from non jumpers. Apparently a jet jump is seen as a major accomplishment by those who dont jump at all.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I didn't teach anyone that exit. I was filling in for Marcus Thorton. I stepped in at the last minute.

The violence of hitting the air isn't that bad, it's the violence of the first person hitting the air with the last person still inside the airplane. KABOOM!!

Sorry I don't spell check. I was in a hurry, Friend.

Thats the best part. I was #8 and my feet were off the ground and I was still in the jet. Where a helmet.
Track high, Pull LOW!!!