jraf

Titusville Manifest and Sky Gods new deployment altitudes

I've heard that following an intentional 'grand opening'
SOME 'old guys' would yank a toggle and spin the rest of the way down...

The NSW Area Safety Officer was chatting to an instructor recently, and I was lurking. When talking about low-pullers, he said spiraling down straight after opening is a really suspicious sign :P.

Unless you're in linetwists on a crossbrace :).

Hi jraf!!!!,
hahahahhahaaah this is so funny!! The fat lady at titus bitched you out for pulling under 4 grand?? hahahahhaha,. obviously, she don't jump!! I been uncorkin at about 2 grand for jest' over 40 years now and I don't need no stinkin fat lady sayin I gotta dump at 4G especially if she's a whuff!!! Since we started doin AFF to train tobe jumpers they got uncorked at 4 grand so that the instructors had time to insure their deployment and then have enough altitude left to get their own trash in the sky!! This got all these newbe's HUNGUP ON 4 GRAND TO DUMP!!!!!! (it's been goin on for 20 years now!!) So there you have it. Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid Titus to skydive. If they want you to open so high, they need to supply O2!! Not to mention ya gonna get a nose bleed from the altitude!!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I've jumped at T'ville over the past three years..and my only "bad" experience was when I wanted to have an exhibition ride with Snorr the pilot and manifest wanted to charge me $45 for an observation ride vs a regular jump ticket to just not get out:S*shrug*...so I told manifest girl that I changed my mind and decided to go to full alti...gave her my $20 jump ticket and decided to not get out and the pilot gave me a cool ride that was AWESOME! Woo Hoo Snorrr! B|

Thats it pull his uspa card for one month. I have seen it done with Vinnie the Rapist at the Herd when he opened at 600' with pancake mix, plastic Knifes forks, spoons, pancakes(that pissed him off because there was butter on it) which was packed blind folded by a sportman. He the landed down wind over the waffos. The SNTA pulled his res. and reported him to the USPA.

That would be sooooooo hard to do as Titusville does not have an S&TA
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

I've jumped at T'ville over the past three years..and my only "bad" experience was when I wanted to have an exhibition ride with Snorr the pilot and manifest wanted to charge me $45 for an observation ride vs a regular jump ticket to just not get out:S*shrug*...so I told manifest girl that I changed my mind and decided to go to full alti...gave her my $20 jump ticket and decided to not get out and the pilot gave me a cool ride that was AWESOME! Woo Hoo Snorrr! B|

Yes, I remember who advised you to do so in order to avoid the overcharge...:)
jraf

Muff #3275

Sure got quiet in here.:)

I am alowed a nice meatball pasta dinner with an old skydiving friend am I not? Response to Mr. Nardi follows soon

BTW. the meatballs I made were ....Nardilicious;)
jraf

Muff #3275

Gee wiz, most every place I have ever jumped would give you a ride FREE if your a regular there, and as long as there is room and it wasn't abused.
For gods sake YTF would you be charged more then a slot as a jumper for a ride., this has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
What if you decide not to jump, or there is a problem with your rig, do get asked to pay for another slot.

I guess I'm lucky and have never been asked to pay for a ride, even when I offer to do, I have always been told to just get on, then again most of those DZO's have been in the biz for 30 some years.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Dear Greg,

I am happy you finally decided to talk to me, be it on this public forum even though you were copied on my message to the USPA Executive Board. I find it somewhat disturbing that you would not address me back through email.

I am very happy, dear Mr. Nardi that you have made my name public. Anyone on this site could see it for themselves from my profile. You however seem to have issues with your reading skills. I suggest ‘Hooked on Phonics’

My name is Hans Saykowitz. I have had my B license for a little more than Jan. 2006, but neither do you have any idea about it nor should you. After all you allow unlicensed jumpers to jump at your DZ for years. You will also note that I am a licensed jumper and so weather it is a B license or a D license that makes me no worse a person. You are also wrong as to the total jump numbers I have but that goes with your general state of confusion.

Your senior staff (many with well 10,000 jumps) as you put it, opens their container at 4,000 feet AGL or higher, so their perception may be just a little blurred. Unless of course they have the retina implanted laser meter or large measuring stick I have mentioned previously. Also, correct me if I’m wrong but it appears that of the few employees you have at Titusville only one in fact sports 10,000 jumps or more. For all under 10,000 jumps I suggest the altitude measuring stick available at www.callhans.com

Once again you question my integrity by saying that I pulled below 2,000 feet. I take offense to that so let me tell you the following my dear friend: since you were not there you have no idea what happened i.e.: you are clueless. All you have is hearsay. Not a very good point of reference, my dear friend.

Incidentally, the manifestor you so love was rude to me. Apparently from what people have told me (people who were affected) she has a godlike tendency. Then again you are her boss so I am sure she is sweet as molasses to you.

Who am I to teach you about skydiving but let us go through my pull sequence: At 4,500 I hear my Pro Dytter and go flat. I look at my altimeter and wave off. As the indicator approaches the bright yellow wedge on my Alti 2 I pull. I will let you do the calculation and hopefully the many thousands of skydives you made have not blurred your perception abilities. In other words you might think you know shit from mustard but you may have eaten crap instead of sausage – I am drinking to your excellent divagation with regards to what people think when they wave off.

You say that “they will look at their altimeter at 3,000 feet and begin their pull sequence. By the time they decide to pull, reach back, find their pilot chute, throw their pilot chute, and after the a normal deployment, they can be below 2000 feet”. Even if that were true my deployment altitude still would be above the 2,500 foot AGL altitude proscribed for me in the BSRs, so your point is what? Let me refresh your oh, so experienced memory – 2,500 feet AGL container opening altitude i.e. even if that were true I still would have been within my USPA prescribed right.

Now to your obvious advertising of your DZ – if you jump from 15,000 feet, assuming that you are flat flying how do you come up with 70 seconds of freefall. Given 3,000 foot deployment altitude and average speed of 120 mph, you still are at least 5 seconds short. But of course you know that (I did include the10 second initial 1,000 feet, even though at 15,000 feet due to air density differences it does not amount to more than 7 seconds.)

Addressing the issue of me not having a Cypress – dear Nardi, does that make me any lesser of a jumper? Tell me, oh tell me please? You don’t require an AAD at your DZ so what the fuck (I am so sorry but I sometimes get so emotional) are you talking about. If you want to drag out personal details my little pumpkin then I will bring up your issues with the immigration authorities.

Now I realize that some people with 15,000 or 25,000 jumps not only loose their hearing but also their brain cells. You see being at high altitudes for extended periods often makes you delusional. Now delusion often leads to the perception of being close to God. Greg Nardi you are not God. You are a businessperson who makes his money out of skydiving services. Your services stink. You have no balls to call me or email me, even tough I have emailed you. You have not S&TA at your DZ. Your staff members are rude. So in conclusion to use the words of Leonardo da Vinci - the father of all parachute jumps: Veiled PA removed by slotperfect
jraf

Muff #3275

Now to your obvious advertising of your DZ – if you jump from 15,000 feet, assuming that you are flat flying how do you come up with 70 seconds of freefall. Given 3,000 foot deployment altitude and average speed of 120 mph, you still are at least 5 seconds short. But of course you know that (I did include the10 second initial 1,000 feet, even though at 15,000 feet due to air density differences it does not amount to more than 7 seconds.)

I'm looking at the standard chart in my logbook which shows 75 seconds for 120mph and deploying at 2500. So call that 72.

In a vacuum it would still take 7.9 seconds to fall 1000ft. 15-14k is far from a vacuum - better than .6 atms.

In any event, this thread shouldn't have gone 200+, and you should have avoided the personal attacks on the manifest woman and now the DZO. It hurts your credibility.

In my opinion, quality of life includes not spending days steaming over a perceived slight. Some dropzones, like other types of businesses or clubs or parties, are better than others. Sometimes people have a low performing day. If you get angry every time it happens and put that entity on your black list, soon you have no one left. Forgive if you can, otherwise just forget, and move on.

Of the 10 DZs I've spent some time at, only one seemed unfriendly (and more than once) and got put into my less likely to visit category. Voting with the wallet works well for fun jumpers. As profitable as the tandems are, it's harder to keep a DZ going on just them. The others have all been quite welcoming, even when I was there to do but a jump or two, and perhaps never be back in the neighborhood (ex: Sedona).

(maybe borrow a neptune or a protrack from someone for a day and see what numbers show up?)

Of the 10 DZs I've spent some time at, only one seemed unfriendly (and more than once) and got put into my less likely to visit category. Voting with the wallet works well for fun jumpers. As profitable as the tandems are, it's harder to keep a DZ going on just them.

Of themore than 40 dzs I have been to only Titusville was unfriendly (and more than once) and it got put in my 'dont go there' category.

Now I don't know why I should not warn other jumpers about it.
jraf

Muff #3275

Dude I can respect your point of view, but you need to use a little more tact and be the bigger person, and even by doing so you won't win the battle, it's his DZ, his plane, his people, his rules.
If you don't like it cut your loss and move on, because pissing into the wind only get's you wet!
For this seems petty and to rase hell with USPA over this is crossing the line IMO, again move on and vote with your money else where, it's that simple.

Your right you shouldn't have a DZ employee being rude to you.

But is it not true that you have been asked more then once to pull higher???

If so you don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to winning this, it is,his employees, his place, his plane, his rules and his right to have any rule above and beyond what the BSR's say, and that is his right as the owner. You have put way more time and energy into this then 95% of unhappy customers would waste the time to do, most would "get it over it and move on" and not return.

You have made your points and said what you thought about it, let it go, find some place you feel your treated the way you would like to be or start your DZ and make your own rules, jumper your own plane, hire and fire your employees, dump as low as you want anytime you want.

I was with you for a while but the more you carry on, the more you lose those who would side with you IMO.
You can reply if you want, but don't count on a reply back this thread has run it's course and your looking more and more like a little kid who didn't get his way, sorry dude, but that is how I see it.
Good nite and good luck, I'm done here.
(going to bed with flame retardant jams'on):P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Isn't that what I just said ?? (slightly paraphrased) So Strato is a bit more eloquent than I, big deal.

Jraf : I am also leaving this thread, never to return. Let me extend an olive branch of peace. Anytime you are looking for a good DZ to do some DLP, let me know. I've been around and I knwo a few places that don't have altitude nazi's running around. So finish your drinks, say good night and go to bed. This thread is OVER.

- - i was sent here to disturb the peace - -

Once again you question my integrity by saying that I pulled below 2,000 feet.

OK, I'm a newbie, and I know I have no business being here . . . . and I'm risking a flaming . . . . and a scolding . . . . or a beat-down, but . . . .

Jraf, my brother, no one is questioning your integrity. They are questioning your ability to exude altitude awareness.

Is it possible you are 100% correct and your equipment is 100% accurate? Of course! It's also possible that you and your equipment may be wrong. This isn't an attack nor is it criticism - it's simply a fact.

Every time you insist on posting sarcastic and inflammatory remarks in reponse to legitimate questions, that WILL make people question your integrity - and your motives.

You are probably a very likeable guy, and you are CLEARLY gifted in the art of verbal combat. But these people aren't trying to fight with you - they are your brothers and sisters and they are tying to keep you alive.

Have your altimeter tested, get yourself a data recorder, and find out the truth. Then we can blow this thing and all go home.

Best of luck and Blue Skies to you,

Gato

PS: To all the experienced jumpers and the honorable moderators, I humbly apologize if I have over stepped my bounds.

I will now sit quietly and await whatever consequences may come.

T.I.N.S.

A reminder to everyone that PAs of any kind are not permitted in the forums.

scratch69: your one warning. Control your temper when you post.

piisfish and liemberg: Please save the snappy one-liners for Bonfire. This is a topical forum.

I did some trimming, and the thread continues (for now) . . .
Arrive Safely

John

:(
nine pages of one mans bitch about one dz and you say this is a topical forum!!!!!!!!!
i do not think i have read so much drivel in all my time viewing threads on dz.com.
CLOSE IT IT JUST DOESNT SING
THANKYOU
Steve
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!

But hey Skymama says your a stand up guy so I guess your okay. Although I've seen her get more than a little pissed over comments like you made.

Well, I said he really is a skydiver, smart and probably remained calm when he was talking. He has certainly made comments in this thread that I don't agree with.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Please save the snappy one-liners for Bonfire. This is a topical forum.

I don't know what you were thinking when you deleted my response to Stratostar (who frantically waved that he wanted me to clear my front garden since it was his designated crater area) but IMHO it was not only snappy, but right on topic.

Then again - since you'r the gardener here... :)
*bows respectfully and retreats*

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...