katiebear21

Have You Ever Fudged YOUR Jump Numbers?

Yeah... to get into World Team. After we'd done the 400-way I told Kate and BJ that I actually had 507 jumps going into the event, not 620 as I had told them originally. We all had a good laugh :)
Along the way to get to Thailand I also lied 1.5 years earlier when I had around 200 jumps and needed 250 to get into Kate and Tony's big way camp.

--
Be careful giving advice. Wise men don't need it, and fools won't heed it.

>>Have You Ever Fudged YOUR Jump Numbers?

Only to get laid. Does that count?

Only if it worked.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i like to fudge on the # of posts i have to be as cool as some of the high posters... but as far as jumps go... ummmmmmmmmmm
i really only have 53.78 jumps but i love having a C license...
ahhahahahah

don't BS your jump numbers... whats the point.:S
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

...i really only have 53.78 jumps...

This brings up a good point and I have to say yes, I've been fudging all along. I should have a .5 in there...somewhere along the line I didn't really jump, I fell off the CASA tailgate taking 5 others with me, hence the .5

[:/]:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I guess you could say all of mine after awhile are fudged, since I lost my first 4 years worth of logbooks, and have spent times being less than perfect about logging. There were 4 years that I didn't log at all, but I also didn't jump much, so I just estimated an overall number for all those years together. Might be high, might be low, but the overall "fudge" was no more than 5% of my jumps in either direction when I came back to the sport. So BFD.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

No way never.
I can only imagnie two scenarios:
!. You fudge your numbers to 'impress' other skydivers or wuffos. Wuffos wont know either way so its irrelevant. Your peers on the DZ will in time realise your not as good in freefall / under canopy as your jump numbers suggest. You look a prick.

2. You fudge your numbers for employment. This is great until your caught out and for sure you will be. At best youll just look a prick, at worst someone may get hurt as a result of your not posessing the expereince you claim.

Maybe there should be some way to document jump numbers..maybe its totally impractical.
It strikes me as being very dangerous as well as pathetic. >:(

Well, you see by my profile, that I am probably fudging my numbers...
Wendy makes a pretty good case for someone that has fudged and doesn't seem to fit any of your points.
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

Hi Katie!!,
NO!!!! Like what for?? I got the jumps I got and that's that!! Like you said about these people who now claim thousands?? Vivid imaginations!! Like, who paid for them?? They don't have a job, sugar momma or any money to buy beer but just made a thousand jumps???
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Ironically the only time ive thought about fudging is when asking questions on here. I got wingsuit training for a very very experienced wingsuit instructor and then when I tried to ask questions with 160 jumps all I got was, go get more jumps first and then ask that question. Ok sorry, let me go do 40 hop n' pops and maybe youll answer my question. I think reminding someone to get proper instruction or training is great when they ask something that could be advanced for their level, but occasionally answer the question after mocking them too!!!

DZ.com is like that because:

1> Most of the time, the only thing you know about the person posting is their jump numbers.
2> The site can be almost "save the children"-ish safety oriented at times. As if jumping from an airplane for shits and giggles wasn't already a stupid thing to do(from a survival viewpoint) and the little point that you don't do exactly X or wear Y turns you into a death seeking fiend.

But hey, it's family, so what are ya gonna do ;)

I've witnessed two jumpers fudge thier number whe I first started jumping 10 years ago. They wanted theier "D" so bad that they some how both "lost" their jump logs and had to reconstruct. Funny, they signed each others and magically had a "D". But they flew like crap and didn't know anything about skydiving.

Fudging can get people killed, who cares what your numbers are. My numbers are actual to my profile, and my membership is legit. Had a 9 1/2 year "break". I see people with hundreds and thousands of jumps that can't handle themseves like you would think from their numbers.

Guess it al comes out in the air and under canopy.
Brad

Yah, id like to stop having to go up to people, especially ones that werent on the jump, and ask them to validate my existence. I suppose I would want to sign my own logbook for the same reason I wouldnt fudge my jump numbers, theyre my jumps, and i did them for me.

Hi Andy

>>Have You Ever Fudged YOUR Jump Numbers?

Only to get laid. Does that count?

Only if it worked.

And you got the pics or logbook to prove it:)

If a persons going to fudge their jump numbers no telling where the notches on your gun came from.:ph34r:

Ho ho Ho:)R.I.P.

Yah, id like to stop having to go up to people, especially ones that werent on the jump, and ask them to validate my existence. I suppose I would want to sign my own logbook for the same reason I wouldnt fudge my jump numbers, theyre my jumps, and i did them for me.

I LOVE getting the "Big Boys" to sign my logbook. Are you kidding? 50 years form now I can look back and remember all those guys and ladies who became famous as somebody I knew.

I was the last to get Bobby Frierson's signature in a logbook and I will cherish that forever.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Technically you're supposed to always have someone else sign the jumps no matter what your license is. But in reality, no one is ever really checking the name in the signatures when they examine your logbook. And at many places when you jump at different DZs long enough that they know you there, they don't even ask for your log book since they trust you to be honest about your currency.

That will vary from DZ to DZ, so where you jump for you it may work differently, I don't know.

According to the SIM - http://www.uspa.org/publications/SIM/2006SIM/section3.htm - you only need signatures for licenses and ratings.

And, nope...never fudged jump numbers. I'm proud of what I have.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.