katiebear21

Have You Ever Fudged YOUR Jump Numbers?

Just a thought. Sometimes it amazes me now that I live at a dropzone and I see guys jumping their asses off everyday that they're not making as many as I think in a year.

Then, I see guys I knew years ago with a few hundred jumps and now they're in their thousands! Did I really miss that much action?!:S

I'm a weekend jumper and have a full time job so I only crank out about 200 jumps a year. Now that I'm living at a DZ, I'm hoping to double that amount.B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Kinda silly to do it. If you claim to have a certian number and then jump poorly, yu might be able to get away with it for a few days as saying yor having a bad day but after some time the lack of skills will just show up...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Nope. I earned each & every jump I have, I'd feel like a fraud if I were to claim anything other than what I've actually done.

I love that attitude ! ! ! !

Now me . . . I've never fudged my jump numbers and I have the logbooks to verify them all. Recent entries also show in my ProTrack. :)

Nope. I earned each & every jump I have, I'd feel like a fraud if I were to claim anything other than what I've actually done.

I love that attitude ! ! ! !

Now me . . . I've never fudged my jump numbers and I have the logbooks to verify them all. Recent entries also show in my ProTrack. :)

Also adding. . . at least 90% of my jumps are from 182's. . . :D

PMS #394

Let me think.In order to fudge I would have to log.Nope...never fudged my jump numbers.

Same here...kinda!

I have move jumps than I've logged, having stopped logging for several years...but I only 'claim' the jumps I can show in a book.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No ... I've kind of used DZ.COM as an informal log book as my paper log books aren't always up-to-date. So when it says I've made 1555 skydives, know that I have made 1555 skydives. But to each their own.

I love that - DZ.COM as an unofficial log book. I wish profiles stayed with the date of the person's post. THAT would be a good idea.:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

I just got off AFF a few weeks ago but in order to jump video i had to lie a little. Don't tell anyone though
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I'm a weekend jumper and have a full time job so I only crank out about 200 jumps a year.

Me too. 200 has been my steady rate for the last decade or so, at least until the DZ moved farther away.[:/]

I have lied about my jumps, claiming at a new DZ to have fewer than I really did at the time. At 900 jumps, you get a lot of cool slots but no one expects too much from you. With more than a thousand, they make you organize and go base and crap. :ph34r:

Kinda silly to do it. If you claim to have a certian number and then jump poorly, yu might be able to get away with it for a few days as saying yor having a bad day but after some time the lack of skills will just show up...

Scott C.

Just cuz you've got jump numbers doesn't mean you have skills. :)
<-------
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I laughed when I read your poll choices!!!!!

never fudged jumps cause i always thought the idea of a log book was cool.... a mini diary of sorts.... so I always knew just how many jumps i had made...:)can't say they were ALL
'keepers' though,,, since i've had many an air bath !!! ;)
But they've all been noted... date , place, aircraft, and the names of those with whom I shared the skydive...B|:)
as seejanefall and smooth point out.... we earn them, we might as well log em.....

We should all try NOT to fudge ANYthing in this world... it's not worth it.....and it's not fair ............

jmy

Also adding. . . at least 90% of my jumps are from 182's. . .

The climb to altitude takes a while but the view is fantastic!!!

Especially in Washington.

There, fixed it for you.

OK, maybe I should have added Washington, instead of deleting Oregon.

Jeff
Arch? I can arch just fine with my back to the ground.

Also adding. . . at least 90% of my jumps are from 182's. . .

The climb to altitude takes a while but the view is fantastic!!!

Especially in Washington.

There, fixed it for you.

OK, maybe I should have added Washington, instead of deleting Oregon.

Jeff

Pretty much the same views. . .:P:D

PMS #394