Andy_Copland

All this talk of low pulls

Has got me thinking.

If you could give an example of jump numbers and recommended height what would it be?

For example AFF i was locking on at 6, flashing at 5.5 and dumping.

Now i wave off at 3, by the time i finish fucking around and pitching im open (average) and in the saddle at 2.3k

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

This is average pulls im looking for, sensible ones. People have said what their lowest was so lets hear what they would suggest in relation to experience :P

I'm usually in the saddle around 2,200 on RW jumps, around 3500 on wingsuit. On big ways I am usually in the outside group that is told NOT to deploy until around 2,200, so I'm in the saddle somewhat lower on those jumps.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Just up until a few weeks ago I was waving at 4500 and dumping by 4. I like to play around under canopy and prefer to have an extra thousand feet or so to mess around with my front risers. And I like to be sure I can get to my spot to set up for my landing pattern.

Lately I've been taking it down to about 3500, dumping between then and 3000. I actually prefer it being higher, but whenever I am on an RW dive it seems like the normal break-off altitude is usually at about 4500'. So after that and tracking, I'm at about 3500'. Fine with me, I just like to have extra time to have fun under canopy.

With an A License you techincally shouldn't be deploying below 3,000'. But I'm not an instructor...

i've set my personal wave off at 4k. because i want to be under canopy by 3k. giving myself more time in case of a mal. though with my A i can pull at 3k. at my exp. level i'd rather err on the safe side.

Im in the same boat
2 BITS....4 BITS....6 BITS....A DOLLAR!....ALL FOR THE GATORS....STAND UP AND HOLLER!!!!

Well, in the US, we have USPA minimums, which are as follows:

Minimum container opening altitudes above the ground for skydivers are:

1. Tandem jumps--4,500 feet AGL

2. All students and A-license holders--3,000 feet AGL

3. B-license holders--2,500 feet AGL

4. C- and D-license holders--2,000 feet AGL

To correlate that to minimum jump numbers; A-25; B-50; C-200; D-500

I think in all practicality, though, you'll find that a lot of jumpers never go below the B-license recommendation as a matter of routine.

Even though with my C license I could be opening lower, I'm not really interested in it. I like to be throwing out no later than 3K. I've taken it a little lower on occasion, and I really don't like to be hearing my audibles flatline during line stretch (my lowest audible setting is at 2K).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think in all practicality, though, you'll find that a lot of jumpers never go below the B-license recommendation as a matter of routine.

----------------------------------------------------------
Says who ?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Says who ?

That's why I said "a lot," bozo, not ALL ... I know there's still a lot of old schoolers like you out there.:P:P:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I found myself a comfortbale area of pulling at 3k. So I'm finished what I've done and are breaking off at 4k.

Seems to offer me enough time under canopy to not be overwhelmed and generally even with shitty spot doesnt cause me problems. Gives plenty of time for dealing with EPs too I reckon... although I havent had to do it yet *touch wood*

With an A License you techincally shouldn't be deploying below 3,000'. But I'm not an instructor...

Wrong.

BPA Ops manual, Section 8 Para 4.3,
FAI ‘A’ Certificate (Red) parachutists and above 2,000ft AGL

This is not just an American website:P
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Says who ?

That's why I said "a lot," bozo, not ALL ... I know there's still a lot of old schoolers like you out there.:P:P:P

...just wondering how wide your paintbrush was.
Thanks.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

pitch height....that depends on who I'm jumping with and whether or not our 3rd man had decided to pull at 5K..........:P:P

Is it even safe for you to pull that low andy? Thought it was dangerouse to pitch a Tandem rig under 5K
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?