jumpnrandy

skydive deland condition after christmas storm?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/12/26/storms.ap/index.html

The storm damaged 100 to 200 mobile homes in the DeLand area. Two people were critically injured, and five others received minor injuries, EVAC Ambulance spokesman Mark O'Keefe told the Orlando Sentinel for Tuesday's edition.

Downed power lines and storm debris closed roads in Deland and Daytona Beach areas.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I saw a very damaged airport on the news this morning...

that was at Daytona. As far as I know there was no damage at DeLand airport, now on the drive in to Jump Shack this morning I did see a huge billboard had crashed through the roof of a Hess station on Hwy 17, a trailer in the lot opposite just flipped upside down and significant (read catastrophic) damage at adjacent trailer parks.[:/] I guess some folks around here didn't have too merry of a christmas
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Embry Riddle's Maint hangar was trashed along with a significant portion of the training fleet-that may have been the damage shown. I've been trying to get in touch with my friends there all morning but even the answering machines are hosed.
I am not the man. But the man knows my name...and he's worried

Arrrgh!
My Tent!
My preciuos, precious tent!

It cost my $30!oh god!
:(

Oh the humanity!

Please tell me it's ok!

Geez, I'm gone for 3 days and whammo!:o
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

The National Weather Service office in Melbourne, FL has a page about the storms. Apparently there were three tornadoes: one that was on the ground for a very short distance in Leesburg (Lake County), one that was on the ground just northwest of the airport in DeLand (Volusia County), and one that was on the ground in Daytona Beach (Volusia County). It looks like most of the damaged airplanes were at Embry-Riddle in Daytona Beach.

TMPattersonJr's map of the track in DeLand agrees pretty well with the NWS one.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.