dabase

2006 World meet?

Does anyone know where we can see scores for the World Meet?

I went to the site where it is being held and their "eng" button doesn't change the site from Russian. Seeing how I don't speak Russian, I am going to be a little lost. ;)

We have two guys from our DZ competing in the S/A (Jim Hayhurst and Jimmy Drummond) and we want to see how they are doing but no way of doing that.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Blue 1s,

Bob

We have two guys that headed out to Russia yesterday. They are competing in S/A at the meet. I don't know where they fall with the Style and Accuracy diciplines in the World Meet but I do know they headed to Russia.

I guess I am really confused. :S

The CRW and S&A meet is in Stupino, Russia. I don't have a link for the Stupino scores. I'll have a poke around and update this post if I find it...

There aren't any scores as of yet since the meet is from the 12-20th.

Just for information purposes, there is a difference between World Cups and a World Meet even though both are cat 1 events.
For the World Championships the number of teams per NAC is determined by 2006 IPC Competition Rules for each discipline. Each NAC must determine on the registration which of the registered team(s) is(are) considered to be national team(s) for the World Championships. This team(s) is(are) eligible for medals for World Championships.
The Cup is more of an invitational. Competitors do not have to be considered part of the National Team nor do they have to have medled at the prior qualifying nationals for that country. (although they generally tend to be in the top placements, and must receive permission to compete from their governing body)
For 4th IPC Anton Malevsky Memorial International Cup the following number of teams per NAC permitted:
4 (Maximum) Teams in Formation Skydiving (4-way Open)
4 (Maximum) Teams in Canopy Formation (4-way Rotation)
2 (Maximum) Teams in Accuracy Landing (for each gender), i.e. 2 male teams and 2 female teams

I wasn't saying your link was in error....I visited it for awhile and appreciate your posting it.

Then I visited the Malevsky site and figured I'd post the link to that meet too since it is coming up soon.

Its fun to follow the action while working! :)
marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

I'm sitting here next to Jimmy Hayhurst at the drop zone in Stupino right now. We are getting some practice jumps in before the World Meet of Style and Accuracy starts on Sunday.
Scores should be put up on the Malevsky website but I will try to keep everyone up to date.

Best of luck to you all and we will look forward to updates:)

Matt,

The team looks like this:

Women's Team
Cheryl Stearns
Elisa Feldt
Angela Nichols
Amy Rodriguez
Rhonda Riechel

Men's Team
Stu Metcalf
Jimmy Drummon
Chris Moore
Keith Bergeron
Jimmy Hayhurst

Training is going well but we are sitting on the DZ watch the clouds go by low and fast. Rained all day yesterday, so we sat around the hotel watching American films dubbed over in Russian.

Hope all is well back there in the states.

More later

Cassie Drummond (Jimmy Drummond's Wife) is over in Russia with the team. She said that she would email the scores when/if she gets a chance, so we can post them on www.skydivericks.com.

Skydive Rick's is the home Drop Zone of Jim Hayhurst and Jimmy Drummond. They had a training camp about a week before heading to Russia.

When she emails them I will post them on Rick's for everyone to view.

Bob

Teams are starting to pour into town now. France, Germany, Italy, Finland, Sweden, China are now here and more teams coming in tomorrow. Organization moved the tuffet into the middle of the field and away from all the buildings. Smartest thing I've seen in a while.

Russia has several S&A Team training and even a couple of junior teams. Some of these kids look like they are about 15. No wonder Russia has won so much when they have so much talent to choose from.

Official practice is tomorrow but looks like more rain coming in. We didn't get started until 1600 hrs today. However, we did get two good team accuracy jumps in. Men had a couple of .00 rounds and the women had a .05 & .02.

Everyone is pumped up to get started. More later......
http:\\www.malevsky.com

Fog this morning. Something new every day but the result is the same.....sit and wait.

Lot of formation teams arrived this morning in addition to some more style & acc teams. There's a good crowd of people here now.

Going to go fly around in the AN-2 for a while to get a style jump in. I think I'll take a book along. At least they're flying tight orbits unlike at CISM.

Nice to be working in this acc stack but not even close to the entertainment of our CISM stack.

javascript:%20addTag(':)')
you can see some (119 javascript:%20addTag(':P')) pictures of the World Parachuting Championship (WPC) 2006 in Gera, Germany, online:
pilotin.atspace.com

…Yes, there was rain javascript:%20addTag(':/') and the teams did get their workout by walking to the plane…and back.