floridadiver81

I Passed Level 1 AFF!!!!

I did my first AFF skydive today and i passed! im an now a level 2 student. We got cut short on the exit altitude. We were supposed to jump at 13,500 feet....but due to the cloud cover only were able to jump at 9,500 feet. But i still passed. I didnt do any of the practice pulls due to the limited time...but i maintained altitude awareness and pulled my own parachute on the first try( my hand went DIRECTLY to the pilot chute hackey to deploy it...i didnt have to search for it...textbook deployment)...COMPLETELY UNASSISTED by the instructors and piloted my own canopy to a decent landing being that it was my first solo jump (Canopy deployment was quicker than i had anticipated...as the slider was directly above my head after counting to three!!!) Exit from the plane was pretty damn good...had a littel trouble wiht my leg position but corrected that..so it was all good. Level 2 here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Congratulations! Great job. On my practice pulls (we got to altitude) I kept grabbing my main side instructor's altimeter. At pull time on the video I reached back, grabbed his altimeter again, and he pulled for me. On level 1 you can still pass, and I did. On the ground I was asked what I learned. I told them I should not pull on the instructor's altimeter. It does not deploy the parachute and annoys the instructor. :D

Congratulations again, it is so worth it!!
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman

;)Congrats;)

Fuck congrats he doesnt know the road he will be taking .. Before you know it, you will be giving oral sex to 80 yr old ladies just to pay for a jump. Or is that just me:D
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Thats prolly just you bro. Sorry about the phone call before...phone battery died. I called everyone in my contact list to let them know i was alive...lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie

Good job.
Don't let it go to your head though.
Slow and patient.
Absorb it as best you can and savour the moment.
You'll do fine.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Thats prolly just you bro. Sorry about the phone call before...phone battery died. I called everyone in my contact list to let them know i was alive...lol

fuck, so the playing with old mens balls for 4 jumps isnt worth it
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Oh i deff know that. Im just happy in the fact that i passed first time around when a few of my friends..while jumping at a higher altitude failed their first AFF. It jsut made me feel really good!

Maybe if the sport of skydiving has the same effect as cocaine or something...and you become a fiend....then maybe it will be worth it to yaB|:D

Actually i got about an hour and a half....but when it came time to wake up i was up and ready to go..not how i normally am with hitting the snooze button half a dozen times...lol

I know...and i was the First one at the dropzone at 7:30am(the gate was still closed)...with beer in hand...ready to start FJC.

It awesome to hear someone has gotten their first taste of flight, good for you Jason! Keep it up, stay current and be safe. There is a lot of valuable information you can learn from reading around this website, things to do, things not to do, but in the end is all up to you! Have a great journey, BSBD !
O-kcsmm-aka-'tree
American Warchild

Thank you all for the congrats and good wishes. I know i posted alot on the forum after jsut one tandem...but doing an AFF dive really opened my eyes to this sport and the people involved in it. Its full steam ahead for me! If im not working the weekend...guess where ill be? lol