daniel52587

I love skydiving A LOT, how much do you love it?

I have only jumped 3 times, still in AFF. But man do I truly love it. I cant wait until they reopen on the 5th (stupid holidays, j/k, well sort of). Not many things make me truly happy on the inside like skydiving. Ive been sad for so long, but while I am in the air I am truly happy. But I go back to the sadness when I am back on the ground:(. This may sound stupid but how much do you guys love Skydiving?

Oh hell, we hate it. That's why we spend thousands, if not tens of thousands every year buying new gear, going to boogies, jump tickets, gas money, food, RV's, etc. I come from a dysfunctional family and we weren't allowed to explore new things as a child so I'm making up for it in my adulthood.

"Sorry, I'm feeling a bit emotional right now, can I get a hug?"
-Bear in Armageddon.

:D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

i have only jumped once..a tandem...i start aff next saturday. i asked one of my best friends if i talk about it too much...he said yes..but its something i love...so its all good. 24 hours inthe day...sleep for 4-6 of them. that leaves roughly 16 hours left...ill talk about skydiving and how much im going to/do love it about 15 hours....the other hour is spent eating the three meals during hte day....lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I'm with Bigun. Skydiving has ruined my life. I hate it with a passion. So far it's cost me thousands and thousands of dollars, hours and hours of time, a credit rating, a back surgery, numerous friends, any hope of a normal life...

Best thing you can do is run, run away from the dropzone, as fast as you can, before it ruins your life too.

I love it a lot too. Even after a long time doing it, it is something that always has something new to offer. If you get good at Freeflying, try CRW. If you perfect that, go up with a wingsuit, or do RW. There is almost no end to the variety of skydiving.

The longer you do it, the more people you will meet who also skydive. They are, as a group, the most interesting, exceptional people you can find anywhere.

Kevin

I'm with Bigun. Skydiving has ruined my life. I hate it with a passion. So far it's cost me thousands and thousands of dollars, hours and hours of time, a credit rating, a back surgery, numerous friends, any hope of a normal life...

Best thing you can do is run, run away from the dropzone, as fast as you can, before it ruins your life too.

Has skydiving made your life unmanageable?

Skydivers Anonymous can help!
-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Yeah I am very much the same. Ill talk about it and how cool it is, and how amazing it is all day. They think I am crazy for jumping out of an airplane, but they just don't understand.

I've pretty much stopped talking to people about it. Mostly because I realized all people want to know is "what happens if the chute dont work?".. Now you could of course entertain yourself by thinking up new funny responses to this (search the forums, there are a couple of threads on this subject)

i love it so much, that when my car got totalled last Jan. and my ins. co. gave me a measly $2,400. instead of taking on the payments of a new car i bought a used beater 90' celica for $1,500 and spent the rest on jumps and gear. and couldn't be happier with the decision.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

Put it like this. I've jumped 19 times. I'm never going to stop doing it unless I just can absolutely not afford to jump at all. In that case, it's only temporary. Until I retire at, oh, 75?
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

This may sound stupid but how much do you guys love Skydiving?

So much that I went to great lengths to give one of my AFF instructors my cherry.

No, really!

Eule

It wasn't my first jump, but he had just got his instructor rating and I was his first paying customer. (I didn't know this until after the jump.) I had to drive ~30 minutes into town to find a real grocery store where I could buy a jar of cherries and a card. I went back to the DZ, the head instructor and I signed the card, and I presented my instructor with the jar of cherries.

(edit: reworked to remove unclear antecedent for pronoun)
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Skydiving? HOOOOOOOOOORRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!WAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOhooooooooooooooohoooohoooooowoooohoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:D:D:D

Well. It's all right isn't it? I only go when there's nothing good on the telly of course.:P
"I don't mean to harass you, but I was very impressed with the capable and stylish manner in which you dealt with that situation. And I was thinking to myself, now this girl's special..." M Renton

Has skydiving made your life unmanageable?

Skydivers Anonymous can help!

really? cause the last SA meeting I went to was held at a dropzone... :ph34r::D

I'm with several others here in expressing faliciously that I absolutely despise skydiving... :D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I can't describe how much I love it. Besides sex, it's pretty much all I think about. If I'm having a bad day at work I just think about the upcoming weekend of jumping I'll be doing. In 5 months I managed 87 jumps, and would've done a lot more if it hadn't been for bad weather and things like Mom getting married and couldn't go to the DZ.

Yeah, I love skydiving.

I've only had 30 jumps so far which I made 3 years ago. I stopped for financial reasons (started my business back then) but I plan to get back at it in 2007

I LOVE the way it makes me feel inside!! I truely don't think there would be ANY other activity that makes me feel so great!

But to be honest, I don't think I will ever become one of the 24/7 dropzone people. I have a life besides skydiving, a family, friends. Other hobbies. I play guitar also...

So unlike most I plan on doing some fun jumps every now and then (most weekends).

I love it and it's a passion but I'm not going to let it take over my life!!

spend over 20 years many, many weekends on the DZ, sold the dirt bike and let the skies rot. sometimes go there and not even jump. Met my wife on the dropzone. My boy was there first time when he was 3 weeks old, take my gear when I'm on the road. most of me friends are jumpers. It's no longer a sport but a way of life.

Only the good die young, so I have found immortality,