Reginald

Got my SCR!

I tell you what...I didn't get mine until 2004 but I can remember that jump like it was yesterday...STILL one of the emotional highlights of my career.

I try and try to get it going at our DZ but the maggots always balk at buying 2 cases of beer...cheap bastards.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Are you going to Skyfest this year?
If yes, we'll put off the ceremoiny unitl then.

If no,
1. Bring 2 cases of beer - one for drinking and one for the ceremony. We'll do the jump and we'll do the ceremony for you and any others.

2. You can go to the web page at:
http://www.scr-awards.com/index.html
Read all about it and download and print the application form (also attached) and bring it with you.

If you know of others, let 'em know to come with you that day!
WoooooHooooo!

Having said all that...it might be
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I remember the SCR and SCS as real big deals back in the 70s, and I had a blast getting each of mine, especially my WSCR with the Swoevelin Sisters at Pope Valley.
At Coolidge, when I was running it, the Ghoulidge Star Service assisted a lot of jumpers in getting theirs. I think Jim Slocum got his SCR on his third? jump, and a jump pilot friend of his got an SCR on his first jump.
Quite a few people qualified for the awards, bought beer (never sign anything until you see the beer) and got the applications signed, but the cost of the award and a patch was worth one or two jump tickets, so lots of signed forms went into logbooks, but no official number got issued.
There was a Coolidge version, the Monty and Linc Sport Death Memorial Skullcrest Award that involved a 13-way skull&crossbones formation where the eyes blinked, the teeth rattled and the crossbones tracked away at 3500 feet. We actually completed the dive a few times.
But, not to hijack the original thread about someone's SCR, it's a good-vibes dive that gets free beer and camaradarie ... I think on another thread somebody got talking about the magic of skydiving, well, here's one of the ways to go find it.
Zing Lurks

Not sure if I'm going to Skyfest, if I am I'll wait until then. I've already read about it and downloaded the app and printed some out. They're in my gearbag. I'll try to round up some other folks who'd be interested. And yes, I may wait until the spring/summer anyway. That ceremony would be chilly right now! :D:)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Yep, Zinger is right about the 70s, we worked those eight ways overtime at Spaceland. We did SCRs during the day and we did them at night (NSCR), we did them thru hoops (SCSA) and we did them at night thru hoops (NSCSA), we did them naked (BASCR) and with our women (WSCR, my favorite), and we also took up a first jump wonder for his SCR. We reaped lots of beer...