kallend

TSA at dropzones?

Politics! Ain't it grand?

Americans are a silly bunch and getting crazier by the day.

Government is eating us alive and we ALL stand by and take it up the butt. What is it that we, as a people, keep electing bozos who have totally lost contact with the real world? Everybody has an agenda and screw everyone else not on-board with it.

Ahhhh...wrong forum...excuse me. OTOH, this entire thread should be in another forum.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>Well, you can shoot it.

Easier said than done, especially with two minutes warning in an urban setting. Hitting a plane flying at 130 knots at 500 feet through a city isn't the easiest task.

The AOPA will step in on this, just like they did in the past.

ANyhow, the next major attack will most likely take the path of least resistance to impact this country. Hitting us in our weak spot will cause more panic than anything else. While hitting NYC would be a lot of press, imagine if a city like Denver, Lexington or Minneapolis was hit?

Easier said than done, especially with two minutes warning in an urban setting.

Any GA plane should be an easy task for any modern ground-air missile, so the whole problem is just around that person who have to press the button.

However the key factor in fighting the terrorism is prevention, especially the intelligence part. When the plane has taken off it is already too late.
* Don't pray for me if you wanna help - just send me a check. *

>That is what Patriot Missles are for.....we need missle batteries on
>top of well placed buildings in all the major cities

Right. Because accidentally taking out the Chemical Bank headquarters wouldn't be that much of a big deal.

Hey.. a little "collateral damage" is quite acceptable every where else we "engage the enemy"

Everyone knows that skydivers are running drugs and are involved in lots of illegal activity, they need to be searched.B|

I'm thinking some of them just might enjoy the strip search a little too much... :P

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

From the USPA web site.

March 2002 - An airport group sent proposed security recommendations for general aviation airports to the TSA, including: perimeter fencing, pedestrian and vehicle gates, and criminal history checks on all FBO and tenant employees.

USPA responded in a letter to TSA, pointing out that Congress never provided the TSA with authority over general aviation airports. TSA has since agreed that it has no authority over GA airports.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Everyone knows that skydivers are running drugs and are involved in lots of illegal activity, they need to be searched.B|

Well. They have in the past. And they continue today. I wondered if I was going to have a facility to have a wedding in Sept 2004. A Cessna twin had just been chased and the two pilots (skydivers at the facility) were nabbed for running drugs. Yah, 2004. You'd think that people would have learned by now. Tracking is much more sophisticated now. From what I heard they launched the blackhawk from cincinatti to intercept them coming in from Texas. CINCINATTI!!! They knew exactly where they were going.