BigMike80

Skydiving in Spain?

Im currently planning a month long backpacking trip to Europe and would like to go skydiving while Im there. I have only been on 1 tandem jump but I want to do the AFF course. So I have 2 questions: 1st. Could I do the 1st jump of my AFF course while in Spain and continue when I get back to the States? 2nd. Where would you recommend jumping in Spain (or any other cool drop zones in Europe)?
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

-Mr Blonde

Mike

I'm heading back to SkydiveLillo in May and it will be my 5th visit in a year and a half which is how long I've been in this wicked sport.

Nice people,safe people great DZ,two excellent Porters.

The choice is yours :)
http://www.skydivelillo.com

Blue Skies

Paul
Fly Like Zie Eagle, Not Like Zie Chicken !
Good advice from an instructor I know.

I dont think I will be spending a whole lot of time near Madrid...so Im thinking of doing a jump near Barcelona or maybe Pamplona since I will be spending most of my time in those areas.

I am planning on doing as many Adreniline junkie activities as possible on this trip (ie skydiving, running with the bulls, repelling in the alps), then drinking as much beer as possible in Germany and Ireland.

Also does anyone know if I can do the first jump of an AFF course and continue at a different drop zone in the States?

-Mr Blonde

Hey man! I am from the US and live in Spain. I am currently out of Spain now and headed back in March. I am going straight back to my home DZ in Lillo. If you really want to learn to skydive, Marcus at Lillo is the best around! They all speak english and it is a really great place. You can finish you AFF there and keep going for your License if you wanted. it is a USPA license. Give kathi a call there and she could set up your stay and course if you wanted. Lillo is the spot with some great people and great instructors and an at home feeling!

Seeing where you are going i would suggest empuriabrava. Its near Barcelona - they have good planes, instructors, coaches and people. Otherwise if you are going south, head to skydive spain near seville.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Please note that it's not a really good idea to AFF 1 jump here, 1 jump there.. dedicate a full week to it and do a couple jumps. Enjoy the stay in Europe.

Empuria, Lillo and Ocaña can be good options. Other DZ's available more south too.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Skydive Empuriabrava is a great DZ to consider, i believe it's the biggest DZ in Europe. Open 24/7, from the site: 1 Super Otter and 2 super pilatus with lift capacity of 140 people/hour permanently based at the centre) :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Open 24/7, from the site: 1 Super Otter and 2 super pilatus with lift capacity of 140 people/hour permanently based at the centre) :)

24/7.. I doubt it... :D

1 Otter and 1 Porter now, because African Queen is in Ocaña or Lillo for the moment.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Open 24/7, from the site: 1 Super Otter and 2 super pilatus with lift capacity of 140 people/hour permanently based at the centre) :)

24/7.. I doubt it... :D

1 Otter and 1 Porter now, because African Queen is in Ocaña or Lillo for the moment.

Ah, good old LJY :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Please note that it's not a really good idea to AFF 1 jump here, 1 jump there.. dedicate a full week to it and do a couple jumps. Enjoy the stay in Europe.

What he said.

AFF training is a fairly big deal IMO. You need to invest more of your time to do it properly. If you want to skydive during your trip, tandems would be a better opinion.
Remster

What he said.

AFF training is a fairly big deal IMO. You need to invest more of your time to do it properly. If you want to skydive during your trip, tandems would be a better opinion.

Thanks for the info...maybe Ill just do tandems while there. I just wasnt sure if I did my first AFF jump there if I would be able to continue when I get back. Right now all my money is being saved for the trip so Ill have to wait till I get back to start my AFF course.

-Mike

-Mr Blonde