daniel52587

AFF, movin on up.

Well, I am movin on up the AFF course quite nicely now. I had to repeat 2 and 3 but, I did my level 4 flawlessly. It was like something clicked in me. When the instructor let me go to do my 360s I somehow figured it out. It was so easy. I was relaxed and doing 360s one after the other with no trouble at all. I had complete control. I believe since I was relaxed I was able to think clearly and figure it out (the mechanics of skydiving that is). Exit was perfect too. Now that I have pretty much jumped without assistance, and kept control, I have truly fallen in love with it now, I will never stop. I cant wait to go back this weekend.B|

Good for you. My best advice is to avoid doing 25 straight solos once you get through AFF. That may be hard to do, or expensive to do, but it will make you a much better jumper by the time that A license rolls around.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Good for you. My best advice is to avoid doing 25 straight solos once you get through AFF. That may be hard to do, or expensive to do, but it will make you a much better jumper by the time that A license rolls around.

I would sedinitly have to agree on that one. once off AFF i would strongly recomend jumping with other jumpers. you learn a lot that way

Blues!

Great advice. I know from first hand experience what happens when you do a ton of solos after getting off of student status. You end up not getting your A License until you have 56 jumps :P

Please, please do your first solo doing a real solo. Don't let anyone talk you into doing a 2-way or a coached jump.

Your first self-supervised jump, alone with the sky, will be one of your most memorable skydiving moments.
:)
Congrats, dude. I still remember that moment when "the light came on." Unfortunately for me it didn't happen until a number of jumps after I graduated AFF.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Awesome! Keep it up. I failed my level 2 as well. I did some tunnel then went back the next day and passed my level 2. I'm on level 3. As soon as the weather is a little better and I have some more cash I'll be attempting three. I'll be going back to the tunnel in March to help me keep with it during the winter. Keep us posted on your progress! You rock! B|
~ Dana

good for you bro! keep it up.

"Your first self-supervised jump, alone with the sky, will be one of your most memorable skydiving moments."

andy is right on with that, first self supervised solo is pretty fuckin righteous, just you and all that sky,

blue skies bud, may we share grips one day:)
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell