cestarmm

Waiting....

So I'm waiting for my new rig. Oh yeah, I'm waiting for winter to be over so I can use the new rig. I'm waiting to maybe to go Florida in March and if the weather is good I'll be waiting to jump. Waiting sucks.... Just thought I'd let you know....:S I wish my rig was here so I could at least look at it. What do do while I wait....

and sometimes the waiting can be for a good reason or can be benficial (even though it might not feel it at the time).

Ive been waiting on my main since before Christmas.. quite glad of the wait, has allowed me to get more jumps in on the 190 conv rig before jumping my 169. My instructors and i are happier with my landings with those extra jumps and feel that i can jump my own canopy without (hopefully) doing myself a great deal of damage.

Now that my canopy arrives tomorrow, im excited, but also nervous as thinking about jumping it this weekend.. argg!

So I'm waiting for my new rig. Oh yeah, I'm waiting for winter to be over so I can use the new rig. I'm waiting to maybe to go Florida in March and if the weather is good I'll be waiting to jump. Waiting sucks.... Just thought I'd let you know....:S I wish my rig was here so I could at least look at it. What do do while I wait....

Skydiving is all about waiting. You spend days at dropzones just to get a few minutes of freefall time and ten minutes of canopy ride.

What do do while I wait....

if your dz is open- jump your old gear or rental gear (which ever is applicable). as for the cold just suck it up or do hop and pops so you can- land, pack and get warm before doing it again. blues
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

I feel ya. the other day we had a random day of nice weather. only problem, my reserve is getting repacked. ended up renting gear for the jump. was able to rationalize it by thinking of all the $$ ive saved over the last month by NOT jumping. Oh yeah, also waiting for my new Phacro to arrive!! Cant wait.

That is one of the reasons I never bought a new rig. If you buy used then you can downsize without losing a lot of money. Then when you order your new rig you can either sell your old/used rig or better yet keep as a back up on those busy days.

But, that is just me.

steveOrino