hommie

PIA symposium and Max showing up

With the latest going on as far as Max Cohn and his not sending his lenses that people have paid for, what do you think he'll do. He's been signing on to Dz.com, but has not replied to all the talk about the downfall of Royal lenses......your thoughts......

Agreed. I'm one of the people owed product, but talking about it in the photo/video forum is one thing. Coming on anonymously and in a general forum is another.
I'm somewhat surprised the mods have allowed this poll to happen in the first place.

Just curious: As a full disclosure statement, let me say that I'm one who's looking for Max but because he's a friend and I can't make contact. He doesn't owe me anything and I'm not looking for anything. So, if someone could please tell me, where and when has he been posting here. I'd like to see something recent, as in since November or later. And, where was he dragged through the mud? I've read speculation and guesses but little actual slamming of the guy. It may be that I've simply missed these posts. So would someone please be kind enough to direct me to the Max mud fest?

Now, veering off slightly, I'd like to say that I've known Max since his earliest days in the sport. I think I was one of his AFF instructors and I'm damn certain I was his first sit-fly coach. And I consider him a friend. I believe that if Max is in hiding, not responding... whatever, that he's probably going through something we don't know about. But he's not a dishonest and devious person. He does not wish to hurt anyone. If anyone has felt slighted in any way by Max, it's possible you don't know something and are simply reacting to your own dillema. If Max isn't dead or incapacitated somehow, we'll all hear from him again in some manner. I believe that. And if he owes you anything I feel he'll make good on it eventually. But, please, if there is any mud dragging of Max here. please alow that the mud draggers probably don't know what they're talking about when to comes to Max's character.

Meanwhile, Max? If you're out there, you know the number. Pick up the phone, pal.

Ive never met Max but from what Ive heard of him over the years he seems like a genuine guy and there must be a very real reason why he is not responding to anyone. He has apparently stopped all communication with clients and friends since October.

I keep on thinking maybe im being selfish in being so upset at him for taking $350 for an order of lenses and not sending them or offering any kind of explanation. But I am certainly not the only one (By my count of people on here and others I know of there has been well over $1000 paid to him). So the answer is no, its not unreasonable for people to be extremely upset with him. Short of being dead or incapacitated there is no excuse for accepting money for products and neither sending them to his paying customers or offering any sort of explanation. I think most of us would be happy with any response from him, even if its 'Hi, going through a rough time, will reimburse you or send the lenses when I can'. But nothing, not even that 1 line response that took all of 5 seconds to type.

Sorry for the vent, but as I said I dont think im being unreasonable in my anger towards Max. And no, I am not trying to drag his name through the mud, this is just no way to run a business and is criminal. Im sure people will say that is an exageration but then what else do you call taking payment for a product and then not providing the product and ceasing all communication with the customer.