chopperman1

Is there a place that I can go to get the scoop about sky diving?

Hey guys, Im 17 right now but gonna be 18 on may 21st. Im gonna be going sky diving that week of my birthday. Its something that I always wanted to do and I plane on getting my liscence so I can fall by myself. I am haveing problems reading posts because I dont know what the terminolgy means. I was wondering if there is a site or thread that will help me with this. Thanks. Oh and any one here recommend any place on Long Island, Ny

I think that the USPA and the safety articles here might be a tad better than an anonymous forum but hey... that's just my opinion. ;)

Great advice. Listen to LABRYS...folllow the links.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Welcome to the forums. In long island there is skydive long island in calverton. If you are closer to queens you could do the ranch in gardiner, ny. Those are probably you're best two options. Good luck getting your A license (1st skydiving license issued at 25 jumps if you pass all the tests, etc).
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

I am haveing problems reading posts because I dont know what the terminolgy means.

This glossary may help with the terms.

There are at least two books specifically aimed at newbies: Parachuting and Jump! and there may be more.

If there is more than one dropzone reasonably close by, it might be useful to spend an afternoon at each one just checking it out. You don't have to jump... just hang out and watch and ask a few questions. Different dropzones have different styles/feels/"vibes" and you may find that you like one more than another.

Welcome!

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.