floridadiver81

AFF 3...what the hell?

So i jsut get home...and although it was a good jump..i feel as though i did better on level 2 than i did on three. Most of you know that my level 2 turned into an unintentional release dive..and i flew good with the exception of a little backsliding. Now..expecting the release i tensed up! I passed the level but i dont understand how the human brain works. When i dont expect it..i fly better...when i do expect it i dont fly as well being that i potato chipped a little bit. it wasnt bad enough to flip me over or anything but it was still there. I maintained a good heading though..my main instructor which is the DZO told me that i didnt rotate more than like 30 degrees the whole dive while i was released. Pulled exactly at 5000 and piloted the canopy down to landing without any radio assistance. I ALMOST stood the landing up too. I flared maybe 5 feet to high....came down on my feet...was up for a second..then i was on my ass. I know i could have stood it up if i would have flared maybe a second or two later! BUt im off to level 4 prolly in 2 weeks due to working next weekend. I love this sport....people think we are crazy for doing it..hell they are crazy for not doing it!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

You probably answered your own question..."expecting the release i tensed up".

You are doing quite well. Relax and don't be so hard on yourself.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You would have already been de-briefed buy your instructors after your jump, so why this post?
it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm.

unfortuantely i cant jump every weekend due to my work schedule. and if my weekend off results in shitty weather..then its another 2 weeks till i have the chance. Most of the 300 posts came from when i was working nights and used dz.com to kill time...lol
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie

i didnt compare my last jump and todays jump during the debrief. this post came from my own thoughts...as far as the comparrison between the two.

sounds like a case of thinking too much about it and scaring yourself. just remember to relax, and do as your instructors tell. ... a little story of how i was thinking too much

. I was trying to learn side slides, and no matter what i tried, and what coaching i recieved, i could NOT do them. i tried and tried, and could not get it to work. thinking about it too much.. Then, one day i was doing some RW, and not paying attention to what i was doing, did a sideslide/carve to where i needed to be. If you don't stress about it, and don't think about it too much, it will just happen. That is why they tell you to relax! . Good luck on your next levels
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720