burnout

Spaceball anyone?

Are there safer alternatives out there. I just imagined what a cue ball would do to the many roof around my dz if it wasn't retrieved, and it was not a pretty thought. :o:D
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I didn't think you would, and I wouldn't imagine doing it either!!! That is why I was wondering if there were "safer" alternatives. :D

Maybe a bowling ball with a pilot chute and an AAD. ;)
=P

I didn't think you would, and I wouldn't imagine doing it either!!! That is why I was wondering if there were "safer" alternatives. :D

Maybe a bowling ball with a pilot chute and an AAD. ;)

And whats the point of the AAD? i don't think the pilot chute would help much on a bowling ball. But thanks for your panicking concerns DougH.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

The AAD was for the bowling ball, and I was being sarcastic.

I wasn't panicked, but now I am a little concerned that you might have something foreign lodged some where important.;):ph34r:

My apologies. :D
=P

Ha...haven't seen that question in years now. That was up there with AADs and RSLs as topics that have been beaten to death when I started reading rec.skydiving in 1998. The answer back then was "we're not telling." Hopefully that hasn't changed!

Dave

Hehe, I remember those days. Alot of it was because freeflying was somewhat new and you could name off each of the good headdown guys around world in just a few seconds. Another reason was that one certain person associated with games that take place in space :p wanted full control over that area of the sport to capitilize on it. Then Snuff would ramble on about youn'ins

Do you have a dolphin number? (I doubt it with your number of jumps) If not I Dont recommend dropping any object from an aircraft. The Spaceball is self-regulated, the rule of thumb for jumping the space ball is to have a dolphin number first, this was a test started by Olav Zipser and his clan, there are over 400 people with dolphin numbers now, find someone with one to jump the ball with you. That is my advice. If we dont take proper precautions and jump the ball willy nilly and something bad happens (like someone being killed on the ground), then we wont be able to jump the ball at all. Another piece of advice, learn to freefly first.

I have jumped with a Vladiball and it is very cool. If you are thinking about doing this, the Vladiball is a very good and "safe" option.

But do listen to the other advice here and make sure that you take an experienced ballmaster along on the jump. It will cut down some of the chances of losing the ball.

We have had a couple of cases where the ball was not retrieved by the breakoff altitude and the mechanism does work as advertised.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Blue skies

Brad