FLO13

Full face for free fly?

skysystems makes the factory diver helmet. Reasonable priced and the visor/lens is made to never open... so it's freefly friendly. I have also seen people jumping Z1 on freefly jumps...I'm picking up a factory diver on my trip to florida next week. I've heard nothing but good things about them. If you don't like the lens, you can always take it off.

Bonehead did manufacture a full face fixed visor helmet called the boomerang which was marketed towards freeflyers.
I have one of these but upon receiving it i decided not to jump it,simply didn't like the feel[:/]

I own a Boomerang... I bought it "used" because of the price, but I am very happy with it. It had been sitting in this guys basement unused. I have never had a real need to flip the visor up, it has excellent visibility, and doesn't fog up much.

I don't freefly much, just a handful of sitflying jumps, but it has been very secure on those jumps. The only time I have come close to losing it was when some one kicked me hard in the back of the head on a rw jump gone bad.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I use an SkySystem Oxygen A3 w/o a lens w/ Gatorz or Googles. I have had an issue a time or two where the velcro strap had come loose. and the helmet has lossened up. This has happend more lately after I had them rebuild it. I have seen snaps placed on the end of the velcro at your position much like factory diver. I have not been to concerned as I am aware of the problem and my big melon holds the helmet well with the new liner.

Chris
It's Jimmy Time!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Fast-As-Fuck/6099474213

I jumped a Z1 for a few head-up jumps, until the visor flipped open (I had contact lenses) [:/]

As far as I know this is an unusual incident. The "closing pin" or whatever it is called was correctly in place?

Of course. I had contact lenses so I always made doubly sure :o

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I jumped a Z1 for a few head-up jumps, until the visor flipped open (I had contact lenses) [:/]

As far as I know this is an unusual incident. The "closing pin" or whatever it is called was correctly in place?

Of course. I had contact lenses so I always made doubly sure :o

Thank you. Good to know. I am starting to sit fly and am using my Z1. No problem up to now... May be others could tell if they had the same problem.

HISPA # 18 POPS # 8757

Why use a full face helmet! Standard helmet & goggles is much better for freeflying B|

------------------------------------------------------------
I personally would prefer having a full faced hemet while I'm still learning how to fly my body.... IMO high speed + inexperience= learning the hard way at least once. So whether it be RW or freeflying I would much rather have the coverage of a full face in case something goes awry.
hypothetically speaking... if I were a more proficient freeflyer with enough experience to start taking newbies out with me/coaching and what not... i think I still would like the fullfaced in case they lose control and come barreling in my direction. B|
I dunno.... like I said though... just my opinion.

I have also had the Oxygen lens open, break and try to shred my face freeflying. I jump open face for all jumps anymore. I also have issues with fullface lenses while swooping, my oxygen distorts visuals enough that I think it it's dangerous. The only reason for me to use fullface at this point is if it is aerodynamically better for wingsuit maxed out flight.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

I used a Z1 for RW, free fly, tunnel and board jumping. I tried on other helmets and they weren't as comfortable to me. I never had any problems with my Z1 and it fit like a glove. I've jumped open face and leather but went back. My Z1 was more aerodynamic.