daniel52587

Jumping with sunglasses

fate, fatal...nice similarities. Accepting fate is the wrong attitude to have. Fight it to the death.

You threw out fate in response to Kallend's questioning preceived measures of cool versus safe. At that point, it's not longer fate, it's about your choices.

fate, fatal...nice similarities. Accepting fate is the wrong attitude to have. Fight it to the death.

You threw out fate in response to Kallend's questioning preceived measures of cool versus safe. At that point, it's not longer fate, it's about your choices.

Yeah. Regardless of all this fate and choices crap. I will always choose safe over looks. So let us end all this belief crap and just get along.

Why does everyone think fate 'controls' you and your decisions? You control yourself and your actions. All fate means is, it was meant to happen or supposed to happen.

Then why on earth did you bring it up as an answer to someone pointing out possible safety concerns?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I JUST SAID THAT WHEN YOUR TIME TO DIE COMES YOU WILL FUCKING DIE. GOD DAMN. DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE A FUCKING STICK UP YOUR ASS. YOU CAN BE SAFE ALL GOD DAMN DAY, BUT WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO GO, YOUR GUNNA GO. NOT MATTER WHAT. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I ASK ONE SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT SUNGLASSES, AND IT TURNS INTO "FLAME THE NOOB." IT IS PEOPLE LIKE SOME IN THIS THREAD WHO DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS SPORT. COCKY ASSHOLES.

I JUST SAID THAT WHEN YOUR TIME TO DIE COMES YOU WILL FUCKING DIE. GOD DAMN. DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE A FUCKING STICK UP YOUR ASS. YOU CAN BE SAFE ALL GOD DAMN DAY, BUT WHEN IT IS YOUR TIME TO GO, YOUR GUNNA GO. NOT MATTER WHAT. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. I ASK ONE SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT SUNGLASSES, AND IT TURNS INTO "FLAME THE NOOB." IT IS PEOPLE LIKE SOME IN THIS THREAD WHO DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS SPORT. COCKY ASSHOLES.

Get used to it if you are going to post anything on these forums. 90% of the people on here are super smart motherf*&kers who want nothing in life except skydiving and making themselves feel big and smart using semantics on dropzone.com

The higher the number of posts.. the larger the stick up their ass usually. ;)

I almost quit coming to this website a number of times because of some of them (not the ones in this thread). Just ignore those who you think are assholes, and chat with those you think are not. Don't try to win an argument. You won't.

Keep it real brutha! If you want to wear sunglasses.. put some on and go skydiving. You will learn real quick if you like it or not. All this mumbo jumbo about eye contact crap... forget about it, you shouldn't be on jumps other than coach jumps that it would matter anyway. And why would a coach care if you were wasting your money not learning anything? They are getting paid to be good enough to get out of your friggen way.

I say just f(*&ing do it!

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I ASK ONE SIMPLE QUESTION ABOUT SUNGLASSES, AND IT TURNS INTO "FLAME THE NOOB."

Hey dude, I got no problem with jumping in sunglasses, I'm looking for a pair myself that will fit under my fullface, and I reckon the Minutes might be the ones.

Surely you can understand though, that when someone uses "When its time, its time" as their sole response to a safety query other people are going to raise red flags.

In that configuration ("under a full-face") please just be sure you can remove them quickly in case you need to. A quick temp inversion, some moist air cracked under them just before final and sudden fog-over or freeze (depending on conditions) & you could be totally BLIND on landing if you can't get to 'em. - Just something to consider that you don't want to find you hadn't even thought of before, when you need it (to get to them & CAN'T) all of a sudden.

Blues,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

In that configuration ("under a full-face") please just be sure you can remove them quickly in case you need to. A quick temp inversion, some moist air cracked under them just before final and sudden fog-over or freeze (depending on conditions) & you could be totally BLIND on landing if you can't get to 'em. - Just something to consider that you don't want to find you hadn't even thought of before, when you need it (to get to them & CAN'T) all of a sudden.

Absolutely. I would be using them summer only, and I almost always open my visor for the canopy ride anyways.

Thats an even better reason to use cheapo glasses... so you dont have to think twice about ripping them off your face and chucking them if that happens. Just make sure you yell "FORE" first ;)
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.

My favorite clear goggles/glasses because I didn't like the flexz ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-SUNGLASSES-GOGGLES-CLEAR-NIGHT-LENS-VENTED_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50424QQihZ010QQitemZ200077423795QQrdZ1

I wear contacts and these worked well. The version that I have the side pieces remove so you just have the strap and its snaps right on to the frame. They also have a quick release strap so you can click it on to a helmet or chest strap on the ride to alti.
-Patrick