bigway

Australia: Today, Tonight tv show- Mikey Holmes

So who sold their footage?:D

Just saw a preview of mondays episode. One of their main stories is what looked to be a spiralling malfunction to the deck. Looked like they had footage from the guy having the mal and from another jumpers footage.

Also on the show was Shappele corby's best mate blowing the whistle and telling the truth and how she is guilty for the drug smuggling. :| What a great mate she must be[:/]

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Not sure but, see story ....
-------------------------------------------------

A Taupo man who survived a 300-metre plummet to earth when his parachute did not open is on his feet - and ready to return to skydiving.

The sky appears to be the limit for news media interest in Michael Holmes' story - with hefty cash offers flooding in for video footage from two cameras of his horrific freefall.

Mr Holmes, 25, made headlines worldwide when his main parachute did not open in a routine skydive above Lake Taupo on December 13.

The reserve chute also failed when it became entangled as the Taupo Tandem Skydive cameraman fell toward the ground, which took 30 seconds.

As he fell at a rate of 160kmh, he is reported to have screamed, "Shit, I'm going to die."

Mr Holmes, a 7000-jump veteran from the British Channel Island of Jersey, landed in thick blackberry bushes, which cushioned the impact, near the Lake Taupo shoreline at Five Mile Bay.

He confirmed to The Dominion Post that he was still recovering from injuries that knocked him unconscious, including a punctured lung and a badly broken ankle. He has had two operations. Discharged from Waikato Hospital in the New Year, he is back in Taupo, walking on crutches.

His fall was captured by two cameras - his own helmet camera and another skydiver's. His camera footage shows his shadow with the ground rapidly approaching.

He is holding some rope in his hands and he can be heard screaming.

The films have been seen by Taupo's skydiving fraternity in a private showing.

Mr Holmes' employers, Taupo Tandem Skydiving, have allowed him to sell the footage to the highest bidder.

He has fielded news media inquiries from around the world and has hired a celebrity public relations adviser, Max Markson, to broker his exclusive story.

"It was a normal jump until I tried to release my chute at 4000 feet," Mr Holmes reportedly told British tabloid The Sun.

"It didn't open and didn't cut away. I thought my life was over. You do not have much time to say goodbye."

"There's been quite a bit of interest in the film but I can't really say too much at the moment," he told The Dominion Post.

It is understood he was initially offered £15,000 ($NZ43,000) by a British media outlet.

The Discovery Channel is also understood to be interested and there are reports Mr Holmes has been asked to appear on the Jay Leno Late Show in the United States.

He met Mr Markson in Taupo earlier this month.

The PR guru was keeping negotiations close to his chest.

Mr Markson said he was "brokering a few deals" and had an "arrangement with Australian and New Zealand media".

"I would love to discuss it with you but I am bound by strict confidentiality. It's not possible yet to say anything. It is an amazing story. It's wonderful he is alive."

New Zealand Parachute Industry Association safety officer Keith Gallaher viewed the fall footage to prepare a report on the accident.

He he hoped to talk to Mr Holmes soon before signing the report off.

The report would be sent to Civil Aviation Authority to investigate the accident. He did not know if the report would be made public. "That will be CAA's decision."

Mr Holmes' father, Michael Holmes senior, did not expect his son to be grounded for a long time. "Michael is Michael. He will bounce back from it and he will be skydiving again."
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

That will be it. I thought i saw a taupo tandem staff suit in the video.

From what i saw in the ads he is one lucky guy.

I'd say he's lucky!

Being able to cash in big time after surviving something that quite a few people have before him without the recognition and $$$$$.

Very lucky!
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

Crap....'cuz I'm sick of him already. Glad he made it but c'mon!
"Any language where the unassuming word fly signifies an annoying insect, a means of travel, and a critical part of a gentleman's apparel is clearly asking to be mangled."

Chop it how, with a hook knife?

I thought that this was possible in the past.... but you would have to cut the lines off all four risers. I doubt you would get more than half the lines cut and then all you would get is a streamer for your hard work.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P