shortyj

Can someone tell me what went wrong?

The video isn't the greatest but I was wondering what kind of malfunction was this? And how to prevent it? It looks like it was a S/L jump when his chute depolys it looks fine but then it starts spinning[:/]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT3RwH0omK0

sorry I don't know how to make it clicky. Feel free to throw that information in too:D
Playtime is essential.

Most likely a tension knot, although while it looks like both brakes are stowed a premature brake release would look very similar. How to prevent a tension knot? Replace your lines when they are becoming worn, stow your lines neatly, and be stable when you deploy...

For clicky help look here.

Hope that helps...
Miami

Tha efact that he had a camera???on his helmet makes me think it is strange. The fact that he slid on his ass makes me think a novice.
On one point of the video it looks like one arm is up and the uther is down inducing the spiral.
Hard to tell. Why wait so long under a spinner?
All very questionable:S

Ahhhhh yes...the old tandem butt-slide landing.

Jason may want to say a prayer of thanks for not having a broken tailbone or jammed/crushed vertebrae and discs now.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Being a new guy I hesitate to say, but was there a full test of the breaks followed by a sudden full release? With the result that the canopy sped up so much faster than the diver that it was more in front of him than over him. Things go wrong when that happens.