FallingDuck

College Club Rules

I'm the coordinator for a college club and I am trying to decide if I should keep the beer traditions alive. Our office doesn't pay that much attention too us, but most of the members are under 21. Any advice, especially from anybody that is or was in a college club, would be a big help.

Unlucky! Over here in old blighty the drinking age of de ol alcoholic beverge is a mear 18 years of age so this does not affect us... However...what are the rules on drinking beer in the comfort of ones own home in the US? Could this be a way to avoid such catastropies as not drinking the amber necter?

P.S-Really don't get the US, you can jump out a plane, drive a car, drive a tank, get blown up in Iraq, and own a gun, but you can't have a bottle of beer... WTF?!

Unlucky! Over here in old blighty the drinking age of de ol alcoholic beverge is a mear 18 years of age so this does not affect us... However...what are the rules on drinking beer in the comfort of ones own home in the US? Could this be a way to avoid such catastropies as not drinking the amber necter?

P.S-Really don't get the US, you can jump out a plane, drive a car, drive a tank, get blown up in Iraq, and own a gun, but you can't have a bottle of beer... WTF?!

Seriously.... given though, I know plenty of people over 21 who shouldn't be doing any of the above, drinking included.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.

Went to Uni in the UK - so beer tradition very much alive!!!

I wouldn't risk 'formalising' any rules that could get your club in trouble. But, in our club, in spite of being poor students Beer was called for almost any first or major stupidity or really anything we thought particularly 'special.' However, being poor students, is also probably why "BEER" was called far more often than it was bought >:( :P

My very strong advice, as a college club advisor... Do not use the words beer, or alcohol anywhere except to prohibit them.

I agree 100%. Also avoid posting pictures of club members drinking or having saftey meetings. University admins have nothing better to do then surf face book and the internet all day.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

If your club is sanctioned by the school do not make any references to alcohol in any public places as a part of the club experience. I was in a ski/snowboard club where they were investigated by the school after photos of drinking were posted on the club website. Now we all know that in the college environment drinking plays a role. As far as dealing with the school itself, keep it on DL or be prepared for possible consequences some of which may be severe.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

I wouldnt worry too much about...dont post on your website but theres no problem with it being an understood rule....good God its college. In my college club I did have to sensor one post I made that talked about getting drunk after a meeting(just to be on the safe side) but just have it understood. The always ubiquitous term beverage works fine. Other than using common sense the Univ. has hundreds of clubs and despite what some may think they do have other stuff to do besideds surf the web.
So have fun and dont kill the tradition.

Back in the day, the drinking age in New York was 18. as far as the college administration was concerned, beer was highly preferable to pot, which was illegal, so they'd sanction huge keggers in the dorms (and we'd go off to our rooms to stuff towels under the door while we got stoned anyway). We had a Rugby CLUB instead of a team because a CLUB could serve beer right on the bench DURING the game. Sadly those days are gone forever....

The only advice I can give is to let the older jumpers corrupt your club members. Also, sex might be a fun substitute - safe sex that is, of course.....

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Um, you can do all of those things at 16 in the uk (except drive a car, which is 17)

?

It's because we were founded by a boatload of Puritans, guys that you folks rejected.:S:D:D They're still on the guilt trip about anything fun.[:/]

Hey, you mean you guys don't have guns? WTF?:o

:P