michaeljanzen

chute-n-shoot

Chute = accuracy with a parachute
Shoot = accuracy with a gun

Combined scores give you the winner.

pull & flare, lisa

Yeah, it's really fun. So fun I made it my profession and so can you. See your nearest recruiter for details.:D
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Been there - done that - got the T-shirt.

In my case it went like this.

Jump out of 182 at *cough* 1900 ft (I swear the alti was reading low) onto a target in a field about 5 miles from the DZ. Target not a tuffet but a bedsheet bulls eye.
Land. Pack in the grass. (try not to pack hay into the rig) Blast BIG holes in paper target w/ Desert Eagle.

Return to DZ. Jump more. Drink lots. Hula hoop contest w/ stripper.

Video of everything.

Jump out of 182 at *cough* 1900 ft (I swear the alti was reading low) onto a target in a field about 5 miles from the DZ. Target not a tuffet but a bedsheet bulls eye.
Land. Pack in the grass. (try not to pack hay into the rig) Blast BIG holes in paper target w/ Desert Eagle.

Good to hear. I was imagining Canopy Paint Ball.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I'm down for that, too. I have a backup rig that would be just perfect. Now if I could just figure how not to snag the gun on opening, and avoid dropping it...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

_Am

Andy! Are you trying to get me in trouble with Bernice again?:(

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

Although I am not a Texan (please forgive me Aggie Dave), I AM a gun loving gun toting shooting freak. Chute & Shoot just sounds like too much fun. How about swooping into position, quick drawing, blowing the #### out of something...

but the paint ball under canopy idea takes the cake...

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I know that there are multiple stages. I think it is skeet, thenpistol, then rifle and then SUBMACHINEGUN. I really want to go and try my luck at the chtue and shoot, but I think that you need to have your "D". It looks like a lot of fun.

Pete

Like paraski, I don't really see the point in it....:S

If ya wanna shoot, go shoot.
If ya wanna do accuracy, go do accuracy.

Whats next? 4 way launch and Ludo? A Freefly Twister meet?...Hmmmm....actually sounds okay to me....;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

the point of it?!!

Man it is fun as hell!!
The one that is here in Mississippi, yea thats right red-neck, fully automatic-gun toten, beer drinking ,plane jumping fools!!
Look out my UK brotheren.. as politics are seen we are taking over the world!!
Man these are the renegade things that make us American brother..
This stuff was the things that were around before all this liscensing stuff, rules and regulation, and conforming to society's norms..
We are the people mothers warned you about..
You got to love being crazy Americans!!!!

i myself will be travelling from new jersey to mississippi for the chute n shoot, well, because im bored from this winter.........

penaltys accrue in seconds.each event max's at 60 seconds.

consists of, in any order, parachute accuracy, inside a 5 ft circle, 0 seconds, 5 to 10 ft, u accumulate 15 seconds, 10 to 20 ft, 30 sec, 20 to 30 ft, 45 sec, and outside 30 ft, 60 sec. 2 jumps, and closer of the 2 is your score. if you choose so, u may land on the 35 ft island in the pond for a 0 sec., but the waters up to 14 ft deep.

handgun, 6 silhouettepop ups from 15 to 50 yards.

smallbore rifle, .17 to .22 caliber,10 targets from 5 to 100 yards in different shooting positions(standing, sitting, kneeling, prone)

hi-power rifle, anything below .50 caliber, 10 targets from 20 to 320 yards, different positions again.

shotgun, sporting clays.......20 clays from 7 different stations

submachinegun.......10 targets from 10 yards to 150 yards.....must be fired full auto,

thats the poop, not getting into all the details of timing and penaltys. im heading out on thursday, april 24th, and returning on sunday the 27th with one other person. if anyone in the area is interested, ill take on passengers willing to split gas with us. comforts of a nice rv for the ride, but ya have to camp there or grab a room. hot showers and bathrooms on site at the event. camping is free.

email if interested

i myself will be travelling from new jersey to mississippi for the chute n shoot, well, because im bored from this winter.........

penaltys accrue in seconds.each event max's at 60 seconds.

consists of, in any order, parachute accuracy, inside a 5 ft circle, 0 seconds, 5 to 10 ft, u accumulate 15 seconds, 10 to 20 ft, 30 sec, 20 to 30 ft, 45 sec, and outside 30 ft, 60 sec. 2 jumps, and closer of the 2 is your score. if you choose so, u may land on the 35 ft island in the pond for a 0 sec., but the waters up to 14 ft deep.

handgun, 6 silhouettepop ups from 15 to 50 yards.

smallbore rifle, .17 to .22 caliber,10 targets from 5 to 100 yards in different shooting positions(standing, sitting, kneeling, prone)

hi-power rifle, anything below .50 caliber, 10 targets from 20 to 320 yards, different positions again.

shotgun, sporting clays.......20 clays from 7 different stations

submachinegun.......10 targets from 10 yards to 150 yards.....must be fired full auto,

thats the poop, not getting into all the details of timing and penaltys. im heading out on thursday, april 24th, and returning on sunday the 27th with one other person. if anyone in the area is interested, ill take on passengers willing to split gas with us. comforts of a nice rv for the ride, but ya have to camp there or grab a room. hot showers and bathrooms on site at the event. camping is free.

email if interested

I'll see you there! I was at the last one three years ago.;)

Years ago...the west end of the Otay DZ was a paint ball game thingie.

If the spot brought you in over the course, you could expect more than a few incoming rounds! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~