nvknight04

Boogies?

If you want to know what spending a weekend at a skydiving boogie feels like you need merely take all your money out of the bank and burn it. Then snort the ashes into your nose and mouth, throw yourself down the stairs a couple times and then drink until you pass out in the yard in a pile of dirty clothes.
You'll feel just like you spent the weekend boogieing, without all the hassle of traveling to a dropzone and doing that skydivin' and partying stuff.
Zing Lurks

If you want to know what spending a weekend at a skydiving boogie feels like you need merely take all your money out of the bank and burn it. Then snort the ashes into your nose and mouth, throw yourself down the stairs a couple times and then drink until you pass out in the yard in a pile of dirty clothes.
You'll feel just like you spent the weekend boogieing, without all the hassle of traveling to a dropzone and doing that skydivin' and partying stuff.

Damn dude, you have been to some really fucked up boogies
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Damn dude, you have been to some really fucked up boogies

His description sounds pretty much like how I felt after every boogie I've ever been to.

You must be one of those people who go to boogies just to skydive. :P

There is skydiving at boogies? Someone should have told me.:S
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

It's non-competitive, I get that.

Not always.. Palatka’s Hog Flop Boogie is a Competition of sorts (And a ahell of alot of fun)..

Is it costumes?

Sebastian’s Naughty Cupid Boogie and SDA`s Halloween Boogie come to mind when I think Costumes.

dive formations?

Pretty much at every Boogie. Some Focus more on Freefly others more Belly Jumps. Skyfest in Houston tends to focus on SCR Dive and Pink Patch Dives.

A Boogie is just a Big Skydiver Party More less. Usually involving Specialty Aircraft (Planes the normal Jumpers didn’t usually get a chance to jump), Sometimes Manufacturers and Vendors will be there so you can check out all the new toys. Sometimes it will just be a Really good Jump Special (Like The Farm Monthly $139 all you can jump weekends). There are lots of varying opinions on what makes it a Boogie. I am not sure if there is one set definition.

Just think Big Skydiver Party with Jumpers from many Dropzones coming together for a weekend of Jumps and Fun.

a boogie is basically it's a bunch of skydivers getting together to do what we love-- JUMP.

it may include some or all of the following:

toy jumps, costume jumps, big ways and scrambles. additional and/ or speciality aircraft to jump from.
manufacturers and sponsors with gear to demo.

one thing they definately all have in common is nightly bonfires with skydivers sharing stories and BEER.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

You must be one of those people who go to boogies just to skydive.

Hey now. Some of us manage to make 12 jumps when at a boogie for 8 days.... :D

Gotcha beat. LP 02'. 9 jumps 8 days.:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

So what I want to know is where to find a comprehensive list of boogies all over? My friend and I are going to the states to skydive and what better way to visit dropzones than to go to boogies?

But the Dropzone.com list while helpful is not comprehensive because not everyone posts their boogies on it...

We want to compile a list of boogies more or less in straight line from Atlanta to LA (well not a straight line but generally in a east-west direction).
Only skydivers know why the birds sing; they don't have to pack a parachute!

In the military we called new guys who hadn't made a deployment yet "Boots" and tease/insult them with variations of that term. "That was a boot move", yada yada. I know about Whuffo and all but whats the best way for a new jumper to get his cherry popped boogie wise?? I'm looking at my schedule and the World Free Fall Convention is looking mighty tempting...would I be biting off more than I can chew for my first boogie?? Or should I just say fuck it and go get my ass handed to me???
Someday Never Comes

Gotcha beat. LP 02'. 9 jumps 8 days.

Amateur.

WFFC '04. 10 days, 6 jumps.
LP '05. 10 days, 2 jumps.
LP '06. 10 days, 1 jump.

But since I can't jump right now, I know I'll do better at LP this year. :D

Skyfest 2005, I was there for the entire Boogie, made around 30 jumps...

Now for a serious answer..

At your Jump numbers, I would HIGHLY recommend "Skyfest" in Texas. It is a Great Boogie that caters to low time jumpers. Lots of great Planes, Organizers that there to work with Low Timers, Huge gear Auction and a Pretty good party.

In all honesty... Rantoul (WFFC) is Fading Fast. I have been the past 3 years and it gets smaller and smaller every year. It is still alot of Fun but Nothing like it used to be.

Ask three skydivers which boogies to go to and you'll get three different answers. Choose based on your schedule, location and budget. You'll have fun at any of them.

That said, I think that if you have the whole summer to play and an unlimited budget to play on you should plan to go to Skyfest, WFFC, Summerfest in Chicago, Lost Prairie in Montana and Couch Freaks.

Bring your cast iron liver.