iamsam

CYPRES/AAD owners - who's actually read the user manul?

I carry my copy in my gearbag to the dropzone. It isn't doing any good sitting home on a shelf. Nobody's asked to see it yet and I haven't mentioned it either. But if somebody comes up with a question about their Cypres, I can offer them a look at my Owner's Manual on the spot.

I decided to do this after we had a fatality at Perris two years ago where an improperly calibrated Cypres contributed to the woman's death - the main problem being her failure to pull silver until she was below 100 ft. (She lived at sea level in a beach town and was apparently in the habit of turning her Cypres on at home before driving to the dropzone - which is at an elevation of 1450 ft MSL.)

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I carry my copy in my gearbag to the dropzone

I recently found that i had aquired over the last couple of years about half a dozen manuals or so. So now when I hear a discussion going on about an AAD instead of getting involved I politely hand them over a manual and suggest they look it up.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.