rehmwa

How to load an Otter

>Hey - we need to make one of these like "How to open the damn door on the Skyvan"

Don't tell people that! I've gotten free jumps at the WFFC on occasion because they needed to send someone up who knows how to open the door . . .

That's awsome. I can't believe anyone would actually get on a skydiving aircraft, not knowing how to get out in case of an emergency.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

>Hey - we need to make one of these like "How to open the damn door on the Skyvan"

Don't tell people that! I've gotten free jumps at the WFFC on occasion because they needed to send someone up who knows how to open the door . . .

That's awesome. I can't believe anyone would actually get on a skydiving aircraft, not knowing how to get out in case of an emergency.

What some people don't know about what it is they're doing and the things their doing it with (gear, aircraft, etc.) in this sport never ceases to amaze me.

:(

... but that's a different topic.
;)

----------

How about these...

1) Be part of a medium to big way RW jump... get on the plane and then at aout 9.5K ask, "Am I floating or am I inside the plane?" Realize you're front float and have to crawl over several people to get to the door... then climb out rear float when the door opens... :S

2) Get on a full Otter load and at 1K when folks start loosening up, move to the floor by the door and say, "There's nobody here this weekend." To which your buddies say, "Then why's the plane full and you had to share a seatbelt for takeoff!!?"

:D:D:D:D

Also...

-lean over four other people and smack my cameras with your elbows to give each other hand shakes.

-maneuver yourself to give someone a pin check and be sure to scrape your own pin covers and main handle against the side of the airplane/seatbelts/my face in the process.

-when walking down the center aisle, be sure to stand as far away from the person in front of you as possible, butt/rig up in the air in a sprinter starting block posture so that only three people take up the entire length of the plane.

-tap the pilot on the shoulder just before rotation and remind him there's a hop-n-pop on the load.

I wonder about that guy every day. Luckily he works in the middle of nowhere were he can't really hurt anybody. And what's even better is he's saying shit like that every weekend. By the way, how's things about there? I'll make it out when I build up some leave and I'm not busy with school.
Livin' the Dream

Not to re-kindle a dead hijacking on a good thread, but I've seen turbine babies in a Cessna when the clouds were low and we were doing hop-n-pops, who didn't even look out the door, just looked at the pilot and asked if it was good to get out, then bailed.

I fly alot of cessna loads and am the last person to ask if its good to get out, and ya better look first for yourself. If ya ask I'm gonna say sure!!! see ya!!!!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward