MakeItHappen

Take Back the Sky

I have seen more discipline and everyone flying the pattern on big ways than any other jumps I have been on.

Not flying the pattern or dicking arround under canopy will get you axed faster than goinng low or fucking up the skydive
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

I have seen more discipline and everyone flying the pattern on big ways than any other jumps I have been on.

Not flying the pattern or dicking arround under canopy will get you axed faster than goinng low or fucking up the skydive

I agree 100%. but that still has nothing to do with swooping..
the only problem that I currently see with separate landing area's. it is a small one, is that there will be the 200 jump wonder who shouldn't even be doing 90's, trying to land in the swoop area. but like I said, this is a small problem that is easily dealt with.

separate landing area's is the answer.

the answer to you peeps who do big ways, is ax that fucker doin'g high performance turns on big ways.

there is not a swooper that I know that would put up with that shit.

Well, then I did the other thing we're all guilty of- I took an attitude about. He was just some basejumper skygod dickhead. What's his damn problem? The simple fact is that I did something stupid that I knew I shouldn't have and he called me on it. He was right and I was wrong. End of story.

Enjoyed your whole post, but this in particular stuck out for me.

Just this past weekend at Elsinore, I brain farted and flew along line of flight under canopy on my first jump. Excited to be there, didn't really pay that much attention to jump run direction, or where I was flying relative to it.

When I got back to the packing area, a guy came up to me and asked me a couple questions about jump run and pointed out that I was flying up, and asked if I could be more aware and careful to not fly up jump run. He did it 1:1, in a respectful manner, but also making it very clear that I had made a mistake that needed to be corrected for the sake of overall safety.

I mumbled "thanks" then. I made a point of going back up to him later and saying "Thank you again for pointing that out. I really appreciate getting feedback like that."

Best part of it? He wasn't even a local. He was a visiting jumper, who took it upon himself to address a safety issue. I have no idea his experience level relative to mine (except that he definitely wasn't a student), but frankly, it also doesn't matter.

That's the kind of stuff we all have to do on both sides. Say something when you see something that someone else does that could cause be a safety issue. Say thank you when someone points out a safety issue to you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke