kevinwhelan

Info required on an incident

First sorry if this info is already I tried a few serches but turned up nothing

I got this in an email yesterday from a verry reliable scource and am unable to contact the sender

"Display Jump/Wingsuit Fatality - A Skydiver with over 700 jumps and without a Display Rating, decided to take part in a display. He was a competent jumper, current and familiar with wingsuits and wingsuit jumping. On the display the jumper was wearing a wingsuit, with which he was familiar.
Exit altitude was planned for 2,500 ft. agl (actual exit altitude was 2,700 ft agl).
The jumper planned to fly for 5 to 10 seconds towards the landing area before opening.
It appears that the jumper had a very low pull, which may have sniveled a little and then had severe line twists. Eye-witness accounts vary at to opening height and canopy deployment (whether there was a malfunction, twists, control difficulties) but it appears there were one and a half revolutions under canopy before impact with the ground and then hitting a parked car. The impact point was about 5 metres from the nearest spectators. The jumper died from the injuries sustained.
Recommended wingsuit flight procedures indicate a higher than normal opening height for wingsuit jumps. Exiting from 2,700 ft. agl may not be very wise. Many things were wrong about this jump and they combined to produce a fatality. Sticking to the rules, while not being convenient, usually proves safest. (See previous issues of Skydiving Notes for material on Displays)."

anyone know where and when this happened?

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing