RALFFERS

Anyone from Chicago or surrounding area; is SDC your home DZ?

Hello All,

Is there anyone here from Chicago, or the surrounding area? I'm a pre newbie to this sport, in that I haven't jumped yet, but will be on my Birthday later in July; plan on going far beyond the tandem jump. How could I say that wiothout having jumped yet? Simply because I've always been a thrill seeker and fell in love with bungee jumping and see no reason the same wont be the case with skydiving. I want to make thisd a lifelong hobby (yes, I intend on collecting my social security benefit). Not only am I looking to make new friends, but also want to learn as much as possible between now and my first jump; call it pre-ground school. Obviously ( would hope) safty is a top priority for all of us. Note, I do have a very minor case of Cerebral Palsy (CP), but it's as if it hardly exists. Sure, there are people who have little to no mobility or are unable to speak, but luckily, I have none of that. Have very good upper body strenght and walk just fine with forearm crutches or by slightly holding on to something. I have all feeling and movement, so I don't think skydiving will be a problem; people with much worse conditions jump. I look forward to learning and hearing from you.

Enjoy the sky, be safe when you fly

Ralph
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I would have a look at the SDC website and contact some of the instructors there to talk about issues may or may not have. Giving them the heads up will let them think about the situation and give you good advice.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

I'm already in contact with SDC; will talk to them more after my tandem. I wish my birthday was sooner, haha; I can't wait for that first jump. Correct me if I'm wrong, but other people, diabled more than I can jump I at the very least should be able to. Than again, I don't know a thing about skydiving and will wait to see what the instructors say. Best-case scenario: I have to put more effort forth and spend more time in the tunnel in order to jump not only effectively, but more importantly, safely. It's really nice that you guys are taking time to reas this and help me out. Many thanks.

I jump at Skydive Chicago. The instructors here are some of the best you'll find in the world.

You'll be find on a tandem or two, and after that you'll have an idea on if you're ready to move onto solo jumps. In the end though, listen to the advice of BOTH your doctor and your instructors.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Look up Enzo when you get there

Actually you generally need to look down to see enzo...specially at night when he's been drinking. He passes out in some very interesting places.:D

On a serious note, Enzo is a freakin awesome TM.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I'm currently on AFP level 6 @ SDC. Although I have nothing to compare it to, I feel that SDC is one of the BEST DZ's to receive my training at. They are very professional. DON'T WAIT! JUMP!!!!!! There is an AFP class starting April 13th. If you have any questions at all they will be more than happy to answer them. You can also go out there and talk to some of the jumpers and instructors. You won't be disappointed. PM me with any questions regarding the facilities. TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!
See ya in a minute. Peace out!

DON'T WAIT! JUMP!!!!!!

I wish I didn't have to, but short on cash, starting a new job next week; unfortunately, I'm forced to be patient.

By the way, what do they drink over there? I could never come empty-handed.

Ralph

Seriously, SDC IS THE BEST and have instructors very very willing to help you on your jump. I reccomend asking for David E who manages the TMs and he will be happy to help! I look forward to meeting you there- I'm one of the Manifest girls so I'll look for you!

-Tory

ps We drink Corona :)

Seriously, SDC IS THE BEST and have instructors very very willing to help you on your jump. I reccomend asking for David E who manages the TMs and he will be happy to help! I look forward to meeting you there- I'm one of the Manifest girls so I'll look for you!

-Tory

ps We drink Corona :)

I'm not too hard too hard to miss. ;) Corona it is B|

Hey Tory, speak for yourself! Oh wait, I like Corona, too, never mind.... ;):P

Seriously, I jump at SDC too and it is a great place. Come on down. Even if you don't jump there will be tons of nice people in the hangar to chat with. And don't forget the Corona to enjoy later at the bonfire. ;)

Beth :)

-Tory

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I'm most certainly junping, just maybe not the first time I come down (short on cash) Thank God I start work on Monday (hopefully.) When do you guys open and when would be a good weekend to come down and hang out? Don't be suprised if I call on the way in lol; I live on the North side of Chicago, about two hours away and have a knack for getting lost... :S Looking forward to meeting you guys, and starting the AFP in August

LAters,

Ralph

Not to take anything away from SDC. It's a great place, first class amenities and where I did my AFP training. But there is another DZ near Chicago you might want to check out. Chicagoland Skydiving in Hinckley. www.skydivecsc.com . It's West of Aurora, Just take the Eisenhower to I-88 west to Route 30. It's a straight shot, you'll drive right past the DZ on Route 30 after going through the town of Hinckley.

It's a smaller DZ than SDC, but they have a Super Otter, and this year also a PAC 750 turbine.

There's a great group of friendly jumpers whatever your discipline of choice, with plenty of coaching and organizing. The season starts next week April 6th. Safety Day is April 7th, where we have various talks about DZ operations, gear and jumping safety. If you're serious about jumping, it would be a great way to start to learn about the sport.

It's not an either / or SDC or CSC. Both are great places to jump, Try 'em both out!

SDC is also my home DZ, and I have to say we have great instructors! Rook, Frank, Troy etc etc They are all top class. Well I dunno about Frank its hard to trust someone who sells water. Just Kidding! I would highly recommend it for your training. I am itching to get back to the DZ myself.